Tire chains on B3200 with R4's?

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #1  

Teikas Dad

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I've searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I read somewhere online that using snowchains on a B3200 with R4 tires is a problem as supposedly the chains hit the fenders. Has anyone with a B3200 had this problem or do the tire chains work with no issue? Thanks

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #2  
It's not the fender that's the issue, it's the frame side of the tractor that lacks the clearance. Rear wheel spacers solve that issue. Around $300 +/-

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's?
Thanks, I just looked online and there seems to be a bunch of different choices for spacers. 2" enough for chains or is wider needed? Aluminum spacers better than steel?

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #4  
Thanks, I just looked online and there seems to be a bunch of different choices for spacers. 2" enough for chains or is wider needed? Aluminum spacers better than steel?

I would think 2" is fine for chains. The wider you go, the more stability; but then you might run into issues needing longer wheel studs.

Kubota cautions against using spacers with belly-mowers (if you have such).

I wouldn't imagine that aluminum had any benefit over steel, but there's a lot more smarter people on TBN than me.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #5  
I went with the Kubota spacers on my B3030 in order to fit chains. I gained 1.5 inches on each side, just barely enough for clearance. I wish Kubota would assume that most tractors might have to get chained up from time to time and all allow for a more general clearance.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's?
OK, I figured it would make it easier if I actually measured my clearances. It looks like I've got 1 1/2" clearance to the closest part of the fender. The frame is nowhere near the tires. Is 1 1/2" enough clearance for a set of chains without wheel spacers?
IMG_1379.jpgIMG_1365.jpg

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #7  
OK, I figured it would make it easier if I actually measured my clearances. It looks like I've got 1 1/2" clearance to the closest part of the fender. The frame is nowhere near the tires. Is 1 1/2" enough clearance for a set of chains without wheel spacers?
View attachment 535696View attachment 535697

I wouldn`t do it without wheel spacers if it were me. I just wish kubota would have a deeper wheel offset, then no worries.
My john deere tractors never needed wheel spacers, just set the wheels out by switching them left to right, right to left, done.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #8  
View attachment 535696View attachment 535697

I have the same clearance on my LS with R4's and I use standard 4 link ladder chains. As long as I keep them tight with bungees there is no loose chain inside to hit the framework. Its been working for 3 winters now without incident.

Attachments

• DSCN1495 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1495 (Large).JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN1411 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1411 (Medium).JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 160
   / Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #9  
I've got stock R4 industrial tires on my B2620 (not B3200) with 2 link ladder chains and they clear fine. Just have to keep them tight installing and using bungee cords.....six seasons now.007.JPG807.JPG

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #10  
YIKES, some of you guys livin dangerously... i would rather have the clearance and not have to keep checking the bungee cords.
One day, you`ll not check them in time, tear something up, or worse, cause yourself an unfortunate repair, or get hurt somehow.
As they say, famous last words... i shoulda...