Tire chains on B3200 with R4's?

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #11  
Can't say that I see any danger........never had a bungee break (yet) and if it did I'd hear the chain slapping the tractor and would stop to fix it.

just sayin'

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's?
Yeah...I'm thinking that I may as well suck it up and spend the money for spacers. I guess in the long run it's cheaper than having to replace a torn up fender.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #13  
Can't say that I see any danger........never had a bungee break (yet) and if it did I'd hear the chain slapping the tractor and would stop to fix it.

just sayin'

I hear ya... i learned the hard way long time ago though.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #14  
Yeah...I'm thinking that I may as well suck it up and spend the money for spacers. I guess in the long run it's cheaper than having to replace a torn up fender.

VERY wise choice, thats exactly what i would do.
Kinda like money in the bank. Able to save more $$$ by not making foolish mistakes in the longrun.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #15  
I'd want a minimum of 2-1/2'' space, it's usually that lever chain connector that hits, if you get a set of chains with the lever connector only on the outer side of tire than that would make the chains less likely to hit anything on the inside of tire. Maybe these will work>>>>
tire chains-Tractor tire chains-duo grip-v bar

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #16  
Can't you just invert the tires? My Kubota is a 1999 so maybe that cannot be done any more, but it seems it would save money and net the same thing?

The only big issue I found on spacing the tires out (no matter how it is done) is in going through deep snow the rear wheels do not track through the same path as the front. This also plays havoc when setting up a land plow as the tractor crabs when it goes down the furrow.

I would never put the tires back though, so much better stability, even though I did manage to roll it over last year while busting sod. (LOL) Thankfully I had a skidder right there to flop her back to earth.

Attachments

• DSCN4922.JPG
    DSCN4922.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
   / Tire chains on B3200 with R4's?
If I invert the tires from the current position it will put them closer to the fender. The tires are set all the way out already.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #18  
My neighbor has a New Holland farm size tractor with clearance problems for chains. He runs Aqualine MPC chains. Very low profile. He likes them.

Aquiline Tire Chains

gg

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #19  
I tried using 3/8" 2 link chains on my L3430 4WD with 2" of clearance and had problems. I couldn't keep the chains tight enough to avoid scraping the frame. I ran with chains on the front only to avoid the problem. As another post suggests, you might get by with low clearance chains.

Keep in mind, adding 2" spacers, will increase the overall track width by 4". This could affect performance by making the tractor wider than your implements.

/ Tire chains on B3200 with R4's? #20  
I've had similar low-clearance problems (front and back) with R4's on my DK35SE. My clearance problem is with the ROPS/fender support rather than the fender so the odd contact with it does not cause damage. As already noted in this thread poor clearance to the fender is more serious as contact is likely to cause damage.

The only solution for my fronts was wheel spacers which I added a couple of years ago as described in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...hains-dk35se-cab-post4060838.html#post4060838

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...hains-dk35se-cab-post4071972.html#post4071972

I had a lot of problems with the DUO's on the rear. They were rough and difficult to fit. I got them to work by converting them to H-pattern and by adding an extra cross chain pattern across the end gap as shown in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/268885-duo-chains-planned-modifications-3.html

My front chains work great with the spacers. However, I still have intermittent trouble with the rear chains and need to adjust them a couple of times through the winter. Due to tight clearance I have to run the rear chains tight and I think that causes the chains to eventually shift while travelling to a neighbour's in high range. The relatively high speed causes the cross links to move out from the tire and the tensioners eventually shift the chain slightly.

The front chains are loose compared to the rears. When roading the tractor I can see about a 1" gap between the tire and the cross chain as it rotates from the ground contact. I believe the same thing happens with the rears but the tight tensioners eventually cause a small shift in the cross chains. I can tell when it happens by the noise of loose cross chain links and, if the shift is at the end gap, the inside closing link will start to contact the ROPS/fender support.

I have finally decided to fix the issue and will add rear spacers, which I should have done long ago. Also, much of my work is on hills so they will have an added advantage of improving stability.

If it does not cause other problems I recommend going with rear spacers. I do not recommend DUO pattern chains for the relatively small tires on our tractors. H-patterns work well but are more difficult to fit. 4-link ladder chains are the cheapest option and simpler to fit. 2-link ladders will give a better ride.

If starting from scratch I would likely go with a low-clearance chain such as Aquiline or Trygg on the rears. They are expensive but smooth and effective.

Here is a link to a Trygg catalog:

http://www.whitemountainchain.com/2016 TRYGG CATALOG.pdf

Page 8 lists Safety Grip 7mm for 12.4-16 tires.

Aquiline MPC 5.5mm chains are advertised for compact tractors with limited clearance:

Aquiline Tire Chains

Tellesfsdal also have chains for small tractors:

http://www.tellefsdalkjetting.no/in_english/agriculture_chains

One place to look for spacers is Bro-tek. He specializes in Kubota spacers and there is good information here:

http://www.bro-tek.com/wheel_spacers/

It looks like 2" rear spacers for your tractor are $280 CDN. I got my front spacers from him and the service was great. I will buy my rear spacers from him soon.