Tire driven Sidewinder advice

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #32  
Those are all we have around here. We use them for trenching water furrows through fields.

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #33  
Those are all we have around here
I guess I ain't neer spent no time 'round thar.
All the ones (that I've seen) that we have in a place that goes by the exact same name "here" are the kind that look like big chain saws with twirley whirlies to shove the dirt to one side.
trenchingmachines-48C32-11-1030x773.jpg
trencher.jpeg

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #34  
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: LMAO. That's not even close to what that furrow trencher is used for. It's not used to bury things under ground. If that's your feeble ass attempt at writing a southern dialect it's not very humerous nor is it very accurate.

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #35  
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: LMAO. That's not even close to what that furrow trencher is used for. It's not used to bury things under ground. If that's your feeble ass attempt at writing a southern dialect it's not very humerous nor is it very accurate.
I seen me a gravely larn mo with one of them spinning screw ditchers afore.

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice
Update on corn head grease for the spindle bearing: I used the cutter this morning for the second time since putting cornhead grease in the spindle cap. The tire started slipping. I went to check the air pressure and saw grease on the tire. The grease has run through the bearings and out on the blade holder. I'm assuming the corn head grease is too thin. Now I have to figure out how to flush the grease out so I can put some thicker grease in. More proof of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #37  
I recently bought a three point hitch Sidewinder tire driven rotary cutter. Looking for someone with experience with them. I have always heard how tough they are and bought this one when it became available. I went through it greasing, sharpening, etc, to familiarize myself with it. I took the spindle grease cap off and found a small amount of semi-dried grease on the bearings. I had read that the people at Hercules AG and Outdoors were long time employees of FMC/Sidewinder and can provide help with the Sidewinder. I contacted them for advice about the spindle bearing maintenance and he told me that they were packed at the factory with Lubriplate grease and that he considered it a lifetime lube. This cutter was bought in 1973 (Per the story from the original buyer's family). That is a pretty long lifetime for a piece of equipment and I'm wondering if I should go through the repacking routine. The Hercules guy said that the spindle is very tight in the bearings and force is needed to remove the bearings. I would rather not go through that exercise if it is not needed. This one runs quiet as a mouse, so it has held up well over the years. Is/was Lubriplate grease that long lasting? Anyone with experience or a user manual for any tire driven sidewinder would be very helpful. Thanks in advance, Gene
We have one that my father in law bought in 1960. We found the original receipt for it. That big bearing will go out given enough time and use and it is a bear to replace. We replaced the one in ours. We are now up to 3 of these sidewinders. They are great to work on. Paul at Hercules is great for parts and info on them. If you need the number I have it,

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice
It is good to hear of more people with experience with these cutters. I have Hercules' number, thanks for the offer. You wouldn't by chance have a copy of the owners' manual, would you?

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #39  
I do not have a manual but I have a little info that was emailed to me from Hercules back several years ago. It includes a part list. If you give me your email I will send it to you.

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #40  
The one we have is a pull type. It has been repainted to match the tractor...
e642ea1e-7208-451e-ab7e-165382bc399e.jpg