Tire Pressure

/ Tire Pressure #1  

Atchuuu

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HSTC
Looking for help. Can't find air pressure for the following tires. They are R4. Don't know the age. The ride is really rough so I think it may be tire pressure. If weight of tractor makes any difference it is on a Kubota L4330HTC 3,860 lbs.

Front tires - Akuret 10-16.5NHS
Rear tires -Titan - 17.5L-24

I did search the forum archives but could not find what I was looking for.

Thanks,

/ Tire Pressure #2  
Did you check the owner's manual?

For rears I air down until the edges of the lugs are touching the pavement or are pretty close, with a typical implement on the back (and not on the ground). On my 4000lb Branson that's about 18 psi. The fronts need higher pressure when you're carrying heavy loads.

/ Tire Pressure
Tire pressure info.PNG

Found this online. It isn't the manual for the L4330. (models are listed at the top) Anyone know if the tire specs are the same?

/ Tire Pressure #4  
R4s have heavy side walls and will ride rough. If you have a loader, for the fronts, inflate to the maximum marked on the side of the tire. Rears you will have to experiment with, One way is inflate to maximum marked on the tire then chalk a couple lugs and drive on a hard surface. Deflate and test drive until chalk wears off all the way across.

/ Tire Pressure
Any idea how long tires last? The lugs look okay for the most part. There are some that have cracks or are missing chunks. The sidewalls are faded but not cracked.

/ Tire Pressure #6  
OK - this is how I do it with my R-1 tires. Air my fronts up to max allowed, as shown on sidewalls. Tractor out on rock hard driveway - air down my rear tires until I just get full contact of the ribs - all the way across the tread. This will be 16 to 18 psi.

How long will tires last? Keep them out of the sun when not in use and you can pass them on to your grandchildren. Bought my first tractor new in '82 - traded in 2009 and the rear tires were still in excellent shape. That's right - 27 years - no checking - no breakdown - no seperation.

/ Tire Pressure
Thanks to all for the replies.

OOSIK - Good to hear on lifespan on tires. Just checked the prices and hope I don't have to replace them anytime soon.

/ Tire Pressure #8  
IMG_0005.JPG
My nephew’s articulated 4wd tractor. All 4 outside duals look like this. No problem with them putting 250 HP to the ground.

/ Tire Pressure #9  
Tire prices - - no KIDDING. Those rears on my Kubota M6040 - right around $1500 each for Firestone or Goodyear(tire, mounting, RimGuard). You can see where my tractor is parked - my avatar. Just a big 'ol carport stall - but its all that's needed to keep the sun off them.

/ Tire Pressure #10  
Hey guys, for what it's worth, I also have aL4330 HST, and it rides awful on paved roads. Took it to a Case dealer down the road to see if they could find the problem and they said there was nothing wrong. I really don't think they spent too much time with it though.

Since it was about 13 years old I decided maybe it was the side walls breaking down. I started looking for replacement tires and about fainted when I saw the prices. I got on the internet and typed in 17.7-24 tires and found a tire shop in Kansas that had some for about 1/2 the price.
I talked to the owner and found out that these were brand name blemished tires.

I bought them, free shipping, and found they were Titan tires. All they had done was buff out part of the name Titan! The tires are great but sadly it still rides horrible on pavement. I'm just going to live with it.