Tire Prices!! Geeze

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
I haven't bought tires for my trailers or vehicles in about a year. I go to my local tire I guy I've used for 10 years and DA&N, tires have gone up.

I use 10 ply's on my 28' Haulmark car hauler (I use it to haul my equipment), Last year I was paying around $80, now almost $120

Checked on tires for my 09 GMC 1 ton(still OEM tires) OMG $200-220, also found out it is a special rim they came up with, so only 2 sizes fit:mad:

Also checked on a 17" BF GOODrich AT for the Hummer $300!!

WOW, tire guys told me tires have gone up from 15%-40% in 12 months. I looked online, Tirerack, discount tire and he wasn't kidding.

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #2  
I know the feeling. I just put tires on my commuter car on Friday. Last time I did it, 3 years it ago, it was a tad under $200 for 4 tires and alignment. This time it was $450 - same place. Dad retired from there after almost 30 years of service, so all my tire business goes there. Fortunately they still treat us well.

Just out of curiosity I priced tires for our Suburban - don't need them yet. It is an '08 with only 20k, so hopefully a while yet. But online they are around $450 each + install. The local tire shop where I got the car tires said he could get a set installed for around $900 or so. He priced me a set of 205/75R15 for my trailer for $370 installed. Will probably have to do that in the spring at the latest.

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #3  
Yep i was watching Tireseasy.com for my wifes and they went up like $8 a tire on me about 4-5 months ago in a few weeks as i was calling around. I got the best deal buying online. Paid about the same thing i would for local but got 80K mile Kumo vs the 40K mile offbrands. They are close to triple the cost they were in 2004ish.

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #4  
The last time I purchased tires was for a 1990 F 150, back in about 1997-----REALLY !!! Paid about $65 each for premium P235-15 snows with stems, balancing, and tax. Being a really low mileage driver, tires last me forever. But right now, wifes 2004 Saturn will need a set within a year. I have been seeing prices keep rising...worries me because sooner or later I will need a set for my GMC (load range E) too...probably cost me $200 each then.

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #5  
I know the feeling. I just put tires on my commuter car on Friday. Last time I did it, 3 years it ago, it was a tad under $200 for 4 tires and alignment. This time it was $450 - same place. Dad retired from there after almost 30 years of service, so all my tire business goes there. Fortunately they still treat us well.

Just out of curiosity I priced tires for our Suburban - don't need them yet. It is an '08 with only 20k, so hopefully a while yet. But online they are around $450 each + install. The local tire shop where I got the car tires said he could get a set installed for around $900 or so. He priced me a set of 205/75R15 for my trailer for $370 installed. Will probably have to do that in the spring at the latest.

$450 EACH + install for tires for your Suburban....I sure hope that is a typo...:laughing:

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #6  
$450 EACH + install for tires for your Suburban....I sure hope that is a typo...:laughing:

Here is what I was looking at: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO + $110 to ship them + install once I get them.

I did make one mistake though. I thought the 'burb had 285/75R20s on it. It "only" has 275/55R20s. That takes them down to $220 or so. :( or is it:thumbsup: because they aren't $450.

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #7  
(BLEEP) !!!! (BLEEP) !!!!! It wasn't too long ago $450 would buy you a set of FOUR tires....but those you gave me the link to are HUGE. Suddenly the $200 each I need to pay for LT245/75R16E's doesn't look too bad...:thumbsup:

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #8  
I just put tires on the 2007 BMW 335I we have. Little tires, something like 245/45/17's and they were $350 each. Yes, each. They are Bridgestone Run Flats. $1400 for tires is nuts but that the way it is.

Next vehicle in my fleet to need tires is the 2008 Nissan Titan. It has 48,000 miles on it right now and they should make it till 60,000 miles. It has 285/75/17's on it. They are Hankook and run about $1200 for a set on it. I am considering putting some Falken's on it this time.

The F-350 we have eats tires in about 35,000 miles per set. Its worked hard so its just part of doing business. They run about $1500 for a set on it.

Chris

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #9  
I just put tires on the 2007 BMW 335I we have. Little tires, something like 245/45/17's and they were $350 each. Yes, each. They are Bridgestone Run Flats. $1400 for tires is nuts but that the way it is.

Next vehicle in my fleet to need tires is the 2008 Nissan Titan. It has 48,000 miles on it right now and they should make it till 60,000 miles. It has 285/75/17's on it. They are Hankook and run about $1200 for a set on it. I am considering putting some Falken's on it this time.

The F-350 we have eats tires in about 35,000 miles per set. Its worked hard so its just part of doing business. They run about $1500 for a set on it.

Chris

I got 16k on a set of Falkens that I just replaced on my Dodge 3500

My friend has Falkens with just over 10k on his 1/2 ton Chevy, he is already shopping for new tires, as his are about done too.

The Falken Landair are the only Falken tires I have experience with, but I can assure you they are the worst tire I have ever seen, treadlife wise.

/ Tire Prices!! Geeze #10  
Just did some checking, back in March of '95 I purchased a set of BFG Radial T/A's for my F150, invoice says tires were $78 each plus tax, mounting, balancing....current price online for the same tire..235/70-15 (load range B) is about $128 each...I don't think that is an unreasonable increase over the time period.