Tire puncturing form orange osage trees

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #21  
Without looking it up, I think my R4s have an 8 ply rating. No comparison to a lawn tractor tire. I did manage an ugly puncture once-- a deer antler.

Tires are less likely to be punctured when the ground is dry.
100% and to prove your point check the video below its unreal.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #22  
I have a number of Orange Osage Trees that are blocking the sun from my garden. I want to take them down and clear them out. I have a Kubota BX23S with Grapple that I could use after I chain sawed them down. But, I'm afraid of running over the thorns and puncturing the tires for leaks. I've had a number of leaks on my Scags grass cutter from those darn thorns. I've thought about renting a Track steer with grapple, but that is pretty expensive. Also using a Tree Sheer to cut them down.
I am contemplating putting something into the tractor tires like "Multi-seal" before the project.
Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.
I have R4 tires on the tractor now.
I have osage orange trees on m property and have gotten flats on my riding mower and bicycles. No flats on my Massey GC1723 yet. I bought this stuff which worked great on the riding mower tires and the bicycles. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WZQBTTN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #23  
When I was a kid many moons ago, we brush hogged Osage Orange down when a stand of bushes would start in a pasture. Flats every day on front tires of tractor and bush hog. I spent as much time fixing flats as I did mowing. Ha! Wish they would have had tireject back then. I use it now, not in this situation, but my mowers, quads, side by sides, etc which are used in the southern AZ desert. It works great. I am really sold on Tireject.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #24  
Punctured three tires cleaning up local hawthorn. Notably it was always the front. I have R1s on one tractor and R4s on the other. Front tires on both got punctured - no problem with the rears. The punctures occurred when I was chopping up the small branches with the bush hog. Bottom line, rear tires seem less likely to get a thorn puncture. Front tires are easy to take off and cheap to repair; my Les Schwab dealer does it for free for the tires I bought there, otherwise less than $15. Also, a puncture repair provides a good chance to put tubes in the tires. I'd just go with what you've got, don't drive into the pile, and repair any flats you get. I'll bet you don't get any.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #25  
After researching ''TireJect'' I've notice they advertise it as preventative product as well as fixing punctures you are right ... I wasn't aware of this when I wrote my initial comment. You are saying you had situation(s) where you are 100% sure you had a puncture but it did not leak because of product like these ?? see myself I've had punctures and apply the product with about a 50/50 successful rate therefore I am skeptical about the effectiveness to prevent puncture(s). I am guessing there is multiple variables affecting the effectiveness of these product but if you had success with it then it must work and a thorn is not very big so I guess it could work.
Ya, I've had cuts in mowers and trailer tires after installing Multi-Seal with no loss of pressure. Prior too using it, I was fixing flats 1-2 times a month. Even sealed tubed tires after the fact. I was impressed enough that I installed it in all 4 tires of the tractor when I bought it (the filled tire version in the rears).

Project Farm did a vid on the stuff and found it sealed 1/2" punctures with ease.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #26  
   / Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #27  
My grandfather solved that problem with "Gensco" aircraft tires. He put the 19 ply tires on the front of his Ford 5000 in the 70's. I am still using them. The rears with the big ribs don't have as much problem with thorns.

I am assuming that the Osage Orange is the same thing called Bois d'arc. The wood is orange when cut and the thorns will easily puncture a 4 ply tire. The problem is the branches fall and get run over with the shredder and stay in the pasture forever. We have 100 year old fence posts, so I am assuming the thorns are still around.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #28  
After researching ''TireJect'' I've notice they advertise it as preventative product as well as fixing punctures you are right ... I wasn't aware of this when I wrote my initial comment. You are saying you had situation(s) where you are 100% sure you had a puncture but it did not leak because of product like these ?? see myself I've had punctures and apply the product with about a 50/50 successful rate therefore I am skeptical about the effectiveness to prevent puncture(s). I am guessing there is multiple variables affecting the effectiveness of these product but if you had success with it then it must work and a thorn is not very big so I guess it could work.
all of the tire seal compounds only work for punctures in the tread (or close) not the sidewall, in the tread area my experience is they work pretty well, i have used it in turf (have to, 100% of the time) R1s some of the time but not my R4s. R4s are much more puncture resistant.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #30  
I'd work that by hand. We have Osage orange trees here. No tractor on that job.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2023 JD 325G Compact Track Loader (A33783)
2023 JD 325G...
20' 2006 SHIPPING CONTAINER, S/N FBXU1304287 (A34808)
20' 2006 SHIPPING...
2015 John Deere Z915B Zero-Turn Mower (A34573)
2015 John Deere...
New AGT Mini Excavator L12R Orange (A34302)
New AGT Mini...
Sany 36" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A34573)
Sany 36" Bucket...
FORD 951 SPECIAL 5' 3PT BRUSH HOG, S/N WM23328, 540 PTO (A34808)
FORD 951 SPECIAL...