Tire puncturing form orange osage trees

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #41  
yes indeed, naive honey locust, similar to your osage in thorns. i left this one intact out of tractor range. let us know your work with the challenge. i've dealt with punctures in rear loaded tires, know your concern.
btw don't think sealants will work with a puncture from one of these, & if the tires are filled, well...

Last edited:
   / Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #42  
I don't know about your "Honey Locust", but mine have thorns that are about 2 inches long which is a lot more than the OO which are only about 3/4 inch long and not nearly as thick. Those HL thorns are more like nails.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #43  
very lethal in the wrong places...having said that, the locust family (black & honey) are one of my favorite tree species. have the thornless Sunburst honey locust planted in numerous places. Actually, i consider my biggest puncture threat to be hardware. at this point, it would be my own fault...

but to the OP, post how it turns out. gone are the days of come a longs on tree branches to remove fluid filled rears...i hire the mobile tire guy to do it. regards,

sunburst honey locust

Attachments

• Sunburst-honey-locust.jpeg
    Sunburst-honey-locust.jpeg
    939.7 KB · Views: 91
   / Tire puncturing form orange osage trees
My Gator has filled tires. I just drove close to those trees. You should see how many thorns I found stuck in the rubber.
Can't get flats with these tires. I just can't believe how these thorns are tracking. They are like magnets to rubber.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #45  
My Gator has filled tires. I just drove close to those trees. You should see how many thorns I found stuck in the rubber.
Can't get flats with these tires. I just can't believe how these thorns are tracking. They are like magnets to rubber.
you did well to have them foam filled, & glad the project went well for you. my rear tractor tires are large & fluid filled, so i can never be too careful. give a pic of the final project completed. foam filling smaller tires are the way to go, have done that on my 2 zero turns

I bought the GATOR UTV used and the tires were already filled. They are as hard as a rock, but never going flat.
I can see where whatever he put into tires was coming out of the valve stem too.
I wonder what it was. The ride is very hard on the Gator, but no flats ever.

What did you put into your Zero Turns?

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #48  
a commercial/ indus tire place that specializes in foam fill. not cheap but worth. apparently, this method is the "soft fill"? not sure. but a real plus for cond like yours. on larger rear tires for zero turns & compacts, the price may be prohibitive and it becomes extremely heavy. glad it worked out for you