Tire puncturing form orange osage trees

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #31  
I have Osage orange (bois d’arc), honey locust, and hackberry. I use multi seal on my tractor as well as slime on my riding lawnmower (used for trimming and around the house) and utv. Lots of thorns, some long enough that they look like they might have at least caused a slow leak. Zero flats. Zero leaks.

I had my dealer install before I took delivery. The only real negative is you can’t load the tires.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #32  
Have you looked at Liquitube? They make a sealant for ballasted and non-ballasted tires.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #35  
Thanks! I hadn’t heard of that.

Now I guess I need to find out how to get the original formula out of mine….
You could probably mix it, if you dont have tons in there already. Email Multi-Seal and ask. They've been pretty responsive in the past.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #36  
Appreciate all the comments.
I think I'm going to go with the cutting down (one way or the other) and renting a track Steer to clear. I'm probably going to use a dedicated area to leave the brush pile. Kind of a "No Travel Zone". Scags has turf tires yes it does. Kubota R-4 and yes those thorns will penetrate.
Foam filled tires. I haven't see to much about how to do that. I'm 75 and don't think I'll ever need to replace the R-4's. So cutting off is not a big deal.
Thanks again all

Bill
Let's be more optimistic than that, I'm 73 and plan to put new sets of tires on my tractor. There was once a guy who was talking with his financial advisor and after reviewing his accounts the advisor said, "I guess you're all set, you've got enough to live on until you're 107!" The guy asked, "But what about after that?"

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees
Thanks to all who have commented. I never thought that I would get this much help.
Thanks for the comments on the R-4 tires especially. If you are right, I won't have any problems. If you are wrong it sounds like using a tire sealent will take care of the problem

Good experience comments on the different kinds of sealents.

Can't get that anywhere else.

Once my garden is done this year, fence will come down, and project will start to fall the trees.

I will post later to confirm results of the project.

Again, thanks to all

Bill

One additional comment. I checked out my R-4 tires on my BX23S. They are 4-ply
So, maybe other R-4 tires have more walls to them, but mine don't. I think someone said 6 or 8 ply.
Must be some industrial tire and the comment didn't see that mine was a BX23S tractor.

/ Tire puncturing form orange osage trees #39  
naww, locust ain't going to hurt yer tractor tarrr

Attachments

• DSCN0254.JPG
    DSCN0254.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 101
I am assuming that the picture is something other than an Orange Osage tree.
Don't think that I would try to climb Big Bubba.