Tires condition

/ Tires condition #53  
Where and how do you store the trailer so that the tires stay in such good shape for so long?
In a shed where it never sees sun. On plywood sheets.

I recently took it on a 400 mile round trip at highway speeds. Not much load at all, but it went as if new. I have never carried a spare for it either! But i do carry a jack and lug wrench in case.

/ Tires condition #55  
From selling crayons and art supplies I went on to a nice aviation career, like turning a hobby into a business.
I ended up being an FBO, Cessna dealer and Avionics shop owner.
Also they honored me by voting me as a director of the Int'l Aircraft Electronics Assn. and served as such until I sold the business.
Again many enjoyable years to enjoy my 'hobby' now come business.
As a director of the AEA annual travel to far off locations earned me enough air miles for many nice perks.
The best of which was 3 weeks for 2 in Hawaii, another (from being 'bumped') was 1 week for family in Jamaica.

OH, yep the good old days of travel by air.
Nice meals with real cutlery, some wine and complimentary drinks.
I soon learned that wearing a suit and tie was to a travelers advantage.
Once on a longish trip when I was walking with a client VIP for him to check in at first class (I was economy) the agent offered me free upgrade so that we could further enjoy our conversations.
Sure was a 'win-win' for me.

LOL that happened to me and my girlfriend in Fiji, getting on a flight to Hawaii. I was a frequent flyer, and asked for an upgrade just for a lark. The agent looked around the counter at our clothes and said if you got anything better than that? So right there and then we open our suitcases put on our best clothes and a half we went to first class! Laughed about it all the way, and kept looking back and saying “peasants” to the economy class passengers (under our breath, of course).

I had never bought a seat in business class or first class, and I never will. So this was a one time only experience. And yeah, they had Crown Royal!

/ Tires condition #56  
No weather cracking from 99. Wheels may break off though. LOLView attachment 736615

I would have guessed the tire was from 1979 rather than 1999 as it is a 1970s alphanumeric tire size (F78-15ST) rather than a 1980s-current metric tire size (e.g. ST205/75D15). However, they didn't generally use modular wheels on trailers until after the 1970s, so I can believe the wheel is from 1999. The wheel does look pretty sad though, did it see a lot of salt or manure by chance?

The primary component to prevent tire checking is plain carbon as discovered by Mr Biney and Mr Smith* and thus making then very wealthy.
Carbon black is also one of the cheapest pigments so why dilute or substitute it.

Another 'factoid', carbon black also blocks or hinders RF energy, like don't paint a radome with a carbon pigment based paint.

* Biney & Smith are the Crayola Crayon people with whom I worked as a rep for many years, (good times).

Didn't Crayola get sold to Hallmark a while ago? The packs of crayons when I was a kid did say "Binney & Smith" on the back, but the packs my kids have now say "Hallmark" on the back and have all of the text in French and Spanish in addition to English.

/ Tires condition #60  
I use mine until I can see the air in them.