Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor?

/ Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor? #1  

Stupit

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
A friend of mine moved to Arizona and gave me his Titan 79" hydraulic snow blade. It has large skid steer style hydraulic couplings. I have a Mahindra 2538 with a third function valve that runs 3/8" quick disconnects off the FEL. I've gone to every tractor shop within 60 miles and everyone just laughs at me. The Chinese fittings on the hydraulic lines are apparently only made/used in china. Even the connection to the hydraulic ram uses banjo bolts which is super un-standard in hydraulic fittings. All the dealers tell me that they cannot cutoff the connection ends and put something standard on them due to cheap hoses that it came with.

Any thoughts? Creative solutions? I guess I could have a new hydraulic ram and lines made....but that kinda takes the joy out of getting something free. I have no idea how much that would cost.

Thanks for any advice!

IMG_9183.JPG

IMG_9182.JPG

IMG_9180.JPG

/ Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor? #2  
Go to a hydraulic shop. Either they change the end on the hose, or can find an adapter that can work.

Those looks like ORFS fittings. The banjo connection might be M18x1.5 or 3/8" BSP.

The tractor dealers could also do it, but looks like they don't want to bother much.

But honestly, you got the thing for free, what's 40 or 50$ on a pair of good quality hoses?

/ Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor?
I think you are right, I just hope a quality hydraulic shop can either fix them or make some that will work.

/ Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor? #4  
Is the adapter on the second picture attached to the flat face connect a 1/2" size?

You might be able to find the same adapter but 3/8" instead. Or a 1/2" female to 3/8" male adapter and use the one that came with it. It does look like it's NPT.

Yes, it's 1/2 NPT. The problem is that the adapter end that goes to the hose fitting itself is M14 thread.And it seals with a small O-ring inserted into it, against the hose, which also has a flat face inside it.

IMG_9184.JPG

/ Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor? #6  
THANK YOU ptsg!!!!I think that will absolutely work. I didn't know such an adapter existed. (Reference my user name.) I sincerely appreciate your help.

/ Titan 79" Snow Hydraulic Blade adapted to compact tractor? #10  
Cool! Glad it did the trick for you. :thumbsup: