TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #1  

ZTMAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
I recently bought a three point hitch from Titan. Got a letter today stating that "Titan has been the victim of a data security incident" and advised that I should "remain vigilant and review my account statements." Any one else get such a letter.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #2  
Thanks for posting........

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #3  
Thats a great letter and a lot of help for the customers - sort of a sorry we lost all your personal info but hey, good luck.....

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #4  
And I just made my first purchase with them this week. if you don't have great timing you have nothing.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #5  
I bought from them, but only through ebay with a 15% off coupon and used paypal for the transaction.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #6  
Nothing is safe, made a purchase and paid through paypal, about 6 hours later a $99 purchase against my credit card .... About 5 hours after that got e-mail from credit card company that they would not approve a $25,000 purchase on my card.... Stupid amateurs.... Don't have a credit limit that high....

What scares me is the wisdom of the internet collective now says put all your data in the cloud.... I see two scenarios here... Some time later (maybe a year or two from now)......OH by the way, its going to cost you $19.99 a month to access your data.. OR "Hello Client" we regret to inform you we had a data breach and now some Russian hackers have all your records and are trying to extort us for millions of dollars not to sell the data to anyone that has uses for your data...

Have a sever distrust of the internet...Its a dangerous place in many ways....

Dale

Last edited:
   / TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #7  
This may be why I found $1400 of crap on my credit card statement today. Stopped the card and I know USAA won't charge me for it but it's nice knowing who to blame...

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #8  
I bought 3000 dollars worth of stuff from them over the last couple of weeks , I used Paypal

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident
Just as an update, I just called Titan because I did not know what credit card I used for the transaction. The lady I spoke to was very pleasant. I told her I received the letter from Titan regarding the "data security incident" and asked her if I gave her my name and address if she could tell me what credit card I used so I could monitor that card and go back and look at prior statements to see if I missed anything.

I was told Titan does not keep records of the credit card. I said if that is the case, what do I have to be vigilant about. She then asked if I could hold. After a short while she came back on the line and said the only info they keep is name and address, but the hackers could have intercepted info while the transaction was occurring and that is why they were alerting people.

She then advise me my purchase date and amount and called me by name. I never gave her my name. I assume they have to know who is calling by the phone number and she looked up my order. May explain some of the strange telemarketer calls I have been getting on my cell phone. If that is the worst of it, fine. I was just worried about credit card info.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS Data Security Incident #10  
I feel some security after asking Citicard to text me whenever my card is charged more than a dollar. Sometimes the text arrives while I'm still at the register- usually, before I'm back in my car. Hope the Scum doesn't figure out how to circumvent that option.