Titan subsoiler

/ Titan subsoiler #1  

caleb90

Bronze Member
Tractor
ih b414
   / Titan subsoiler #2  
I have no purchasing experience with Titan, nor will I in the future.
Several years ago the Chinese Titan basically took the name of the American Titan (now IronCraft) to start their business based upon an existing good reputation.

/ Titan subsoiler #3  
Not sure what your soil conditions are but our subsoiler has a shear-bolt in it for added protection... We have rocks the size of small vehicles that don't move when to hit them... Just something to think of depending on your soils type...

/ Titan subsoiler #4  
I would look for a used older model of something. it will be much better built than this new stuff.
I just picked up a two shank 1962 model subsoiler for less than $500.
It is much much better made than most of the new stuff out nowadays.
To buy a new comparably built model today probably would've been around the $2000-$2500 mark

/ Titan subsoiler #5  
What @RjCorazza said.

They are not a mfg. They just sell Chinese stuff to Americans and pretend they are here.

It's a world economy. I don't prefer Chinese things, but I have some. This is worse. The shady practices turned me off.

/ Titan subsoiler
Well i ordered one, i tride buying a usa made one tarter to be exact. They are made 20 minutes from me, but they wont sell to the public direct. Shipping to a "dealer" was 100bucks. Dealers are 20 minutes away from where they are made aswell.

/ Titan subsoiler #7  
Well i ordered one, i tride buying a usa made one tarter to be exact. They are made 20 minutes from me, but they wont sell to the public direct. Shipping to a "dealer" was 100bucks. Dealers are 20 minutes away from where they are made aswell.

They usually have a few in their seconds lot that is open to the public but Tarter was sold to another firm and has been closing up in Casey. Dont know how long or what will remain if anything.

/ Titan subsoiler #8  

I have one as well as the pipe laying attachment. It seems to work fine although I don’t abuse it ( much). I generally use it to bury my drip irrigation feed piping in the orchard/garden I’ve been slowly developing.

I’ll probably end up using it a bit more to break up some new areas where I intend to grow corn and maybe a few other things- I’ll then go back over the area with a disk harrow ( or maybe my tiller). I could use the tiller for the whole process as well- haven’t really decided- no real farming experience so I’m learning as I go.

/ Titan subsoiler #9  
I have one from Central Tractor that's maybe 30 years old. The ones they now sell at TSC (which absorbed CT) look the same, at least superficially. It's worked pretty well. I did have to grind away at the very bottom to get the tooth to bite in. I mostly used it with a small Kubota, and my soil is difficult river bank gravel but no rocks big enough to stop the tractor, so my use probably didn't challenge its strength much.

/ Titan subsoiler
It came today. Says made in india on the box, seems well built and hate to say it. It looks better than the kingkutters i looked at