TN Series

/ TN Series #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
As most of you know my 2120 has gotten just a little to small (HP wise) for my needs. I've been looking into the utility line of tractors.

My requirements are 45ish pto hp, 4wd, factory cab, Hydo or hydraulic shuttle, and to stay as close to my 2120 dimesions (use my current implements). Implements include Woods 7' rake, Woods 7' heavy duty rear blade, T8 Harley rake, Valby chipper, 74" snowblower.

I was also wondering if it was possible to use my 759C backhoe from 2120 on a TN series tractor?

I'm some what open minded at this point. I like the Kubota L5030HST cab and the John Deere 5220 cab. I have driven the Kubota. The John Deere no one has it in stock right now to a test drive.

/ TN Series #2  
Derek

As you know I have both a 2120 and a TN75D so I think I have a perspective on the similarities and differences. The TN is definately a step up from the 2120, both in hp, framne size and weight. That said other than the Woods backhoe I run on the TN I am using all of the same implements from the 2120. You just need to take it a little easy as a 75hp 8000lb Cat II tractor can trash Cat I attachments if you let it. As far as the backhoe goes, I believe the 759 is a option for the TN series so I suspect that can get the mounting kit. I run my Woods 1050 3pt since the TN series is so rugged. PS you 'll love the cab on the TN and I highly recommend the Hydro Power Shuttle trans. I looked at the Kubota and Deere when I bought the TN, but in this class I think that NH is the leader.

Andy

/ TN Series
Andy

Thanks, I was looking forward to your reply.

I haven't visited a New Holland dealer yet. New Holland shows basically 3 HP ranges (57, 70, 75) of the TN-A series tractor with standard, economy, cab and supersteer. Looks like they all share most of the same spec. It looks like the TN60Da would meet my needs as far as Hp requirements.

Looks like the 32LC loader is very nice. Any reason to go with aftermarket loaders like ALO, Woods etc.

My 759C backhoe owners manual shows the subframe I currently have is an option. I guess it might be 3pt mounted on the TN series.

I love my 2120. I was a sad day when I made posters and put her for sale side the road.

Thanks for you help.

/ TN Series #4  
The 759 backhoe was made for the TN series tractors they do have a hydraulic pump kit thats give you a lot more power than the tractor will provide. They also have a three point lock up kit since this backhoe is mounted on the hitch.

/ TN Series #5  
I would definately stick with the Neew Holland loader. It is excellent. You should consider the skid steer quick attach to the bucket. It is very handy. I have the MSL- self leveling loader. I'm not sure I would get it again, no that it really bothers me , but I don't think I need it and sometimes I'd rather controlt he bucket curl myself.
I'm not sure in the new line, but the TN55 had a weaker front axle than the rest of the series. As far as hp goes, remember the air uses some. I would probably get the mid hp model for what you're looking to do. You can never have too much hp /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Andy

/ TN Series
Andy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You can never have too much hp )</font>

Believe me... I know... That's mainly the only reason why I'm getting a new(er) tractor.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As far as hp goes, remember the air uses some.)</font>

Isn't that the difference between gross and net hp. I could be wrong but net hp is after a/c, alternator, cooling fan, is accounted for?? If the price difference isn't to much between the TN60DA and the TN70DA I will go with the larger one. It seems the specs are the same except more hp and a few pound in weight. I still need to find a good New Holland dealer around my area.

Do you have any pics posted of your TN?

Thanks

/ TN Series
Andy

I forgot to ask about tire options.

11.2R20
14.9R28

11.2R20
16.9R24

12.4R20
16.9R28

11.2R24
16.9R28

About listed are R1W ag radials I believe

10.5X20
16.9X24

12.5X20
16.9X28

10.5X20
19.5X24

Above are R4 bais tires.

I'm thinking the R1W tires but not sure. Radials will give good ride quality and have great traction and give less "turf" damage, at least as little as a 6.5K pound machine can do.

What do you think.

/ TN Series #8  
Derek

I'm running 16.9x30 R1's rear and 11.2-24 R1's front. They were the largest size available when I purchased. I really like the width and the load capacity. The rears are filled with 74 gallons of RimGuard each for extra traction. That equates to almost 800 lbs of ballast in each tire. Other than on wet ground, I don't have a problem with the tractor sinking in. Attached is a picture of my TN.

Andy

Attachments

• 392776-AndyTN75D1.jpg
    392776-AndyTN75D1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 556
   / TN Series #9  
I'm very new to my TN70S w/ cab (just got it yesterday), but from the few hours I've put on it so far, I'd highly recommend it. I'm amazed at how nice the loader works on it - it's definitely a quality piece. I was driving an old Massey E30B until now, and there's definitely a big change /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif One thing that really suprised me is the maneuverability of the tractor. I feel like I can get into and out of places that I couldn't with the old Massey - and the TN is considerably bigger.

/ TN Series #10  
Anothr picture. Front end with forks this time.

Attachments

• 392835-AndyTN75D2.jpg
    392835-AndyTN75D2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 523