TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #11  
This TREDO (bonded) seal is what is used as standard seal for this BSP fittings etc, back in Europe....Works great if mounting conditions are filled.
I have never seen it here in US....

Edit:
Found a world wide dealer...CEJN

Edit2:
Here are some contacts to CEJN USA, Gurnee Illinois...

Last edited:
   / TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM
First, Thanks guys...

Second, I order these: 3/8" BSPPM TO 3/8" NPTF CONNECTOR
p8855C.jpg

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Item.asp?item=9-8855-6-6

But what I got (in Photo #1) is a deep "V" on the end, not a flat part. It has the ring (although it seems to be plastic and slightly oversized).

I guess I need to go back and see what the difference between the flat top and the "V" top (???). What is the difference? (or Kennyd's thick vs. thin wall)

Also, Kennyd, thanks so much for the link to your photos (I guess I missed them before - I *really* like how you mounted it, I've attached that photo so I'll remember, hope you don't mind).

I still don't like how loose it screws in... and only gets tight in the last twist but I'll use them and see how it goes... teg

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #13  
Check your PM's Teg;)

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM
Check your PM's Teg;)
Thanks! A window popsup anytime I get a message so it's kind of hard to miss :laughing: I skipped out a minute to cook some breakfast and get more coffee :licking:

So question, are your rings metal? I'm not liking this cheap plastic one (...but will use it to see how it works).

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #15  
I still don't like how loose it screws in... and only gets tight in the last twist but I'll use them and see how it goes... teg
This is one of these times where you really need a thread pitch gauge, to identify the threads on the port AND the fitting you got from Surplus Center....
It sounds like your port is BSPP and the fitting you got from Surplus Center has a SAE thread on the male, almost same pitch and diameter....

Why not a male BSP to male JIC37....??
4002.png

and this bonded seal

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #16  
But what I got (in Photo #1) is a deep "V" on the end, not a flat part. It has the ring (although it seems to be plastic and slightly oversized).

I guess I need to go back and see what the difference between the flat top and the "V" top (???). What is the difference? (or Kennyd's thick vs. thin wall)

A male BSPP fitting with an O-ring, but no bevel, will only seal properly when connected to a port.

Consequently, a male BSPP fitting with a bevel, but no O-Ring, will only seal properly when connected to a female swivel.

If you get a fitting that has BOTH the O-Ring AND the bevel, it can seal with either a swivel OR a port. I would recommend removing the washer and O-ring, however, when connecting it to a swivel.

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #17  
   / TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #18  
We carry bonded seals for both BSPP and metric threads at DiscountHydraulicHose.com

Yea...I found them...they seems to be hard to come across though....I have only seen the ones with a washer and an O-ring inside...Agree that the bonded ones needs machined seating....which I also posted yesterday...You guys have a great biz!!

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #19  
So question, are your rings metal? I'm not liking this cheap plastic one (...but will use it to see how it works).

Yes, they are metal.

/ TnT Hydraulic connection??? BSPPM vs. NPTM #20  
If anyone thinks they have improper or leaking fittings CCM provided just call us and we will replace them. We have thousands of hydraulic toplinks working properly in the USA. It is possible an improper BSPP to NPT could have been sent with your toplink. This is not a safety issue because the double piloted check valve locks the toplink in place.

We are not saying there is a problem but we want our customers to check the product they purchased from us. Customer satisfaction is what we strive for in all our products. Thank you for your business.

Mark Carter