To get draft control option or not?

/ To get draft control option or not? #11  
That would be my take as well. More buyers think draft control is something that it is not than those who actually get the benefits of draft control's intended use.

While I believe that waaaaay back when DC was developed, yes the original intention of draft control was for plowing. But that does not mean that it cannot be used for other types of ground engaging work. I have found that it is very beneficial to use while doing heavy grading work. Not so much for normal grading or finish grading.

What I have found from talking with and reading what other people have to say about DC is that most people do not really know what it is, how it works or when and how to use it.

/ To get draft control option or not? #12  
While I believe that waaaaay back when DC was developed, yes the original intention of draft control was for plowing. But that does not mean that it cannot be used for other types of ground engaging work. I have found that it is very beneficial to use while doing heavy grading work. Not so much for normal grading or finish grading.

What I have found from talking with and reading what other people have to say about DC is that most people do not really know what it is, how it works or when and how to use it.

No disagreement there, but many if not most of us don't do heavy grading or other ground engagement work and/or a tractor that would get significant advantage from it.

I believe in matching the equipment to the tasks, so I don't need it while others will. Based on the OP and equipment he has and what he does, I see no real need for it, but opinions will vary. Heck, we haven't even used the 3PH once on our 8540 as we use pull type equipment with it.

/ To get draft control option or not? #14  
I have an NAA with draft control... The best use I found for it is sub-soiling... After a few years of growing alfalfa the ground becomes compacted from the tractor, baler etc. I run my sub-soiler over the field to break open a trench deep into the root zone. Fertilize, spread manure and water.... The root zone gets nutrients and oxygen and a very improved crop.
Depth control allows me to drive at a constant speed while the sub-soiler moves up and down depending on soil compactness. If the implement hasn't gone deep enough on one pass, I run many passes over the same trench until optimal depth is achieved. No tire spinning etc. Someone out there invented a great add-on to a tractor when they invented DC.
If you can afford it...get it ....In my opinion
If you run horses, every few years, subsoil to improve the pasture.

/ To get draft control option or not? #15  
In that size, unless you are farming or looking to some added value on resale, I wouldn't spend the money. I haven't used draft control on any of our tractors since I quite farming years ago. We also had ongoing draft control issues with one of our tractors that never got fixed properly. If one of my tractors starts to bog down, I just use the 3PH control and reset.

I am sure others will disagree and have need for it, I just don't.

I have it on my 820 but not on the newer tractor and for my intents and purposes really don't need it anymore. I have had several tractors with load and depth control and always felt they were marginal benefits to them at best.