Comparison To sell or not?

/ To sell or not? #1  

Scottstc

Tractor
New Holland TC40d
I currently have a NewHolland tc40d. I have been reading that parts are getting scarce, and it will only get worse. I have a local dealer who has sold two in the last month with way more hours than mine one was 22k one was 23. With them selling for this much would you sell now and get something with better parts availability? I saw a bobcat ct 440 locally for 19k and the same hours as mine, 500. I really like my current tractor just trying to look at the future.

/ To sell or not? #2  
I currently have a NewHolland tc40d. I have been reading that parts are getting scarce, and it will only get worse. I have a local dealer who has sold two in the last month with way more hours than mine one was 22k one was 23. With them selling for this much would you sell now and get something with better parts availability? I saw a bobcat ct 440 locally for 19k and the same hours as mine, 500. I really like my current tractor just trying to look at the future.
If you sell, there should be lots of willing buyers.
Buying a new Tier IV tractor often equates to future suffering with electronic & pollution equipment issues.
Those who wish to avoid Tier IV hassles will likely beat a path to your TC40d sale.
I have a Ford 1920FEL (1989) that I will never part with!

Last edited:
   / To sell or not? #3  
Bear in mind that the price a dealer sells for is not likely to be the price you would get for a similar item. That is, you MAY get the same price but the dealer has foot traffic through his dealership and sale personnel on staff who sell things for a living. I purchased a tractor a couple years ago staying below 25 horsepower specifically to avoid having an onboard computer. I prefer simple tractors. As far as parts availability, it's my understanding New Holland is made by LS, as are a number of other brands (including LS). You might check to see what models of the other brands equate to yours and determine their parts availability as well.

/ To sell or not? #4  
500 hours is barely broken in, if you like the tractor, keep it. If it's too big or too small, get the right one for your needs.

/ To sell or not? #5  
As far as parts availability, it's my understanding New Holland is made by LS, as are a number of other brands (including LS). You might check to see what models of the other brands equate to yours and determine their parts availability as well.
I believe the TC 40 was made by Shibaura

/ To sell or not? #6  
If you need a tractor you'd be much better off securing the replacement BEFORE you sell. Supplies are TIGHT,

/ To sell or not?
500 hours is barely broken in, if you like the tractor, keep it. If it's too big or too small, get the right one for your needs.

I really like my tractor, there’s always times I wish I had more lift capacity but for the most part it suits my needs.