Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #11  
When I can see a faster break even. The payoff only makes sense, if you compare a new, similar cost, petrol vehicle, to a new EV… I don’t buy new, so the payoff at this point doesn’t happen in my lifetime when you also consider opportunity cost.

If you compare a 20k petrol car to a 40-50k EV… it’s just a symbol of virtue, because it won’t save you a dime

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #12  
If I lived in an urban area and just needed a local commuter. This doesn’t apply to me, so no.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #13  
A huge incentive that spurred sales was single occupant use of carpool lane.

The EV push is multifaceted... tax credits, free charging, carpool and reduced tolls, tax credits, bragging rights and even home grown in the case of Tesla and Bay Area buyers.

Last edited:
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #14  
NOPE
past, present, or future

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #15  
Does electric golf cart count as a vehicle?

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #16  
I was considering a hybrid Maverick when they came out... 20K base price, then I would probably trade my Colorado for a 3/4 ton with dump body and plow. I do a fair amount of short hauls running around... including 1000 feet running to my garden and animal pens.
Electric is good for that, you don't have to sit there for 20 seconds waiting for the computer to do it's thing every time that you start it up.

With the economy what it is though I probably will get a used Subaru instead.

Last edited:
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.
When I can see a faster break even. The payoff only makes sense, if you compare a new, similar cost, petrol vehicle, to a new EV… I don’t buy new, so the payoff at this point doesn’t happen in my lifetime when you also consider opportunity cost.

If you compare a 20k petrol car to a 40-50k EV… it’s just a symbol of virtue, because it won’t save you a dime
I agree. I also know that there are EV concerns when buying used EV. Condition of battery, or is it time to replace or recondition the battery - greatly affects the used price.

But I am pretty sure that some have already experienced that aspect of EV ownership.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #19  
Might not be a choice soon.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #20  
I wasn't around back then but they are singing the same song they sang in the 70's.... a crash is coming price will go down and its not like we have the resources for all of us to have electric cars anyway so gas stations or not going anywhere any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.