TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,112  
Anyone have any experience with the Browning BLR lever rifle? I'm surprised with the interruption in production of the Marlin lever actions, that Browning hasn't tried to expand their entry into the lever action market. Regardless, there seems to be a resurgence in lever gun interest in general. The BLR stainless lightweight seems perfect to start offering threaded barrels, polymer or laminated stocks, threaded barrels and integral rails. With the removable box magazine and some great chamberings (.243, 7mm-08, 6.5CM and .308 as just a few), they'd make a heck of a hog rifle.

I don't need another rifle, but if I was looking for another lever gun, the BLR would have my interest.
I have a wimpee .22lr in a BLR and really like it due to the extremely short throw of the lever in order to rechamber a round. I don't have to remove my hand from the stock, just flip the tips of my fingers down and back up and pull the trigger again!! Nothing wrong with the accuracy of it, close to a Marlin 39A.
I do know you don't want to shoot CB's in it, as a friend stuck one stuck in the barrel after I had been trying to buy it from him. He agreed, thinking I would have a hard time trying to remove the stuck bullet. I paid him, then walked in the house and grabbed a cleaning rod, and pushed the bullet out with that. He was pissed at himself for not thinking about doing that!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,113  
Anyone have any experience with the Browning BLR lever rifle? I'm surprised with the interruption in production of the Marlin lever actions, that Browning hasn't tried to expand their entry into the lever action market. Regardless, there seems to be a resurgence in lever gun interest in general. The BLR stainless lightweight seems perfect to start offering threaded barrels, polymer or laminated stocks, threaded barrels and integral rails. With the removable box magazine and some great chamberings (.243, 7mm-08, 6.5CM and .308 as just a few), they'd make a heck of a hog rifle.

I don't need another rifle, but if I was looking for another lever gun, the BLR would have my interest.
I could be wrong, but a hurdle for Browning is that they don't actually make their guns.

The can bug getting you? I noticed threaded barrels mentioned twice😁

I just remember thinking "why don't they offer it with threaded barrels" myself.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,114  
For anyone who hasn't been bitten by the can bug, you can get a 30 cal magnum rated suppressor, direct thread, not full auto rated, for around $600 plus stamp. They make shooting Way more enjoyable.
View attachment 734552

Odinworks Baja 30, is $449+$200 tax.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,115  

If you get one do not take it apart to clean it. Getting the lever timing right is a PITA.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,116  
The can bug getting you? I noticed threaded barrels mentioned twice😁
I've already been bit by that bug. I bought a Dead Air Nomad30 a few years ago, then they came out with the Nomad Ti. Of course I bought one of those too, but waiting on the paperwork to clear. I'll direct thread the Ti on my .260 bolt gun and swap the other Nomad between my other rifles with Xeno adapters.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,117  
For anyone who hasn't been bitten by the can bug, you can get a 30 cal magnum rated suppressor, direct thread, not full auto rated, for around $600 plus stamp. They make shooting Way more enjoyable.
View attachment 734552

Odinworks Baja 30, is $449+$200 tax.
Hmmm, it says I do not have permission to view that!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,119  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,120  
I thought they weren't allowed real guns in the UK (not that I've ever looked into it). I checked out their website and surprised they're allowed .223 and .308 cal rifles.
I watch .260Rips on YT, one of my favorite shooters. He's gripped about the price and availability of components from time to time.