TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,141  
I have my family here at least once a year and part of what they like to do is shoot my guns (and eat up my ammo!) but before we start every year I start out instructing them on safe range procedures and what I expect, for the most part they do pretty well, I have to remind them on some stuff on occasion though.
You should give them a list of ammo to bring next time.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,142  
I bought two M1 Garands from CMP about 20 years ago. Service grade and they were $617 all included. They shipped it directly to work, no NICS, no FFL. One is all original, one has a CMP stock. Since they just pick one off a rack and ship it to you I figure I doubled my chances at a good one. And I can sell the other probably for at least $850-950.

I did that when I bought some Chinese SKS Type 56 that were still in cosmoline; Mfg about 57-58.. These are what the NVA and VC were first fighting Vietnam with. I kept the nice one and sold the other for $400.

I'd pay $450 for a Russian SKS because a nice one goes for $650+ if you can find one.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,145  
I get the history side; but M1 I've just never liked compared to other guns. I dont like the clips; the stock is oddly wide; and they are heavy and front heavy compared to a similar bolt action. They Can be accurate, but often you want me do a Lot of work to get them that way. Another deal killer, is your only suppost to run weaker ammo; not normal power 30-06; but I don't know if this is more CYA and internet lore.
The first M1 i had in my hands was in 1959 when i was 17 and i don't care to ever hold one again . I like my 700 rem. .243 and Mod. 62A win.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,146  
Has anyone been able to find primers? I'm running out of WLP's for my .44 and .45's.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,148  
Has anyone been able to find primers? I'm running out of WLP's for my .44 and .45's.
I've picked up SRP and SRMP recently, limit 300; prices between $11-15/100. Midway has had CCi400, BR4, and CCI41 multiple times over last 3 months, but they are 90/1000; plus shipping and Hazmat

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,149  
I've been living in NC for way to long. Shipping one of my father in laws guns to a buddy of his. You know how many Gregoire or Chabonneau's you you run across in NC? 😂

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,150  
1646159035296.png