TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,151  
I just got a package from Henry! .44 magnum.

20220228_170340.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,152  
Read somewhere over the weekend that Ruger has started shipping the new Marlin 1895 rifles. I'm guessing the 1894 can't be far behind.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,153  
Read somewhere over the weekend that Ruger has started shipping the new Marlin 1895 rifles. I'm guessing the 1894 can't be far behind.
Seen some mixed reviews on the new 1895. At a MSRP of $1400 it will have limited appeal IMO.

I was wondering why Ruger did not put out the 1894's out first as they have more appeal. Might be as simple as starting slow to insure they do not screw it up.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,154  
Seen some mixed reviews on the new 1895. At a MSRP of $1400 it will have limited appeal IMO.

I was wondering why Ruger did not put out the 1894's out first as they have more appeal. Might be as simple as starting slow to insure they do not screw it up.
I expect Ruger will get the bugs out and the 1894/1895 rifles will be good values.
One thing Ruger has to overcome is the nostalgia of the older Marlin (not Remington) produced rifles. There's no doubt, rightly or wrongly, the Ruger versions will be compared to Marlin's

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,155  

Where have you been seeing stuff? I pretty much distrust anything I see on YT as far as gun reviews.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,156  
According to one article, Ruger started production with the 1895 because it was the best selling rifle.

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,158  
I own a wad of various firearms and I handload for all of them (except rimfire of course) but you'll never see me post a picture of a single one on any viewed by the public website (this one included) because you never know who is looking and the way the central government is today, that might be someone who is interested from a control standpoint.

Lets just say I have more than one but less than 500 and far as rounds are concerned, more than one but less than 10,000.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,159  
I own a wad of various firearms and I handload for all of them (except rimfire of course) but you'll never see me post a picture of a single one on any viewed by the public website (this one included) because you never know who is looking and the way the central government is today, that might be someone who is interested from a control standpoint.

Lets just say I have more than one but less than 500 and far as rounds are concerned, more than one but less than 10,000.
Guns are icky and bad. I got rid of all mine. Also burnt all my ammo a while back out of respect to the underprivileged who are the victims of gun violence.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,160  
Guns are icky and bad. I got rid of all mine. Also burnt all my ammo a while back out of respect to the underprivileged who are the victims of gun violence.