TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,941  
Yes, the wilson was made to add weights

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,942  
"I sanded slightly sanded down the grip texture on my "skin" side for carrying IWB, to avoid the cheese grater feel."

Got to love the chaffing on the love handles...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,943  
My recent trigger time has been with an Air Venturi Avenger .177 pellet gun clearing some avian issues out of the cherry trees... I have it tuned as low as it will go on the regulator and like 40 shots in it's down from 4500psi to 3000psi... haven't checked the FPS on the chrony but am curious... (should be about 800fps) it's been super windy so the control count is much lower than the shot count...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,944  
I've always enjoyed plinking with an air rifle. I have a RWS Diana 48 spring-piston. I used to have a little "safari" set up in my back yard. I could plink at different targets at different ranges, using different shooting positions from my back patio. It was great practice for upcoming big game hunts.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,945  
For avian pests I prefer pellet guns, I could use rimfire around here legally but I would have to pay attention to the direction way more, by the cherry trees there's very few areas where the pellets might fall in the nearest neighbors yard... heck at around 150 yards or more with that velocity with the trees between us it might not even make it there...

That Avenger has a side lever and 10 round magazine with a regulator and shrouded barrel, chincy stock but is fairly light, works for the use I bought it for... My Marauders are nicer but heavier and not regulated... never shot a full string full to empty but I'm assuming near 100 shots and at $.01 a pellet very affordable :) (I bought when they were cheap a few years ago, probably have a lifetime supply of Crosman pointed pellets)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,946  
I am another airgun junky. Two PCP rifles in .22 and two PCP pistols in .177 and a pistol in CO2

Sub .8" groups with the Daystate at 50 yards (over 200 five shot groups recorded). Cost with pellets and air is under $20/1000.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,947  
^^^ Would you recommend the Revere pump model?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,948  
^^^ Would you recommend the Revere pump model?
My Daystate Huntsman is the Regal and does not have the regulator like the Revere. There is no "pump model"???

If I was buying again, I would spend the extra to get the Revere to see if I could get down to 1/2" at 50 yards. But frankly, I am not sure I can shoot well enough to tell if it would make a difference in accuracy. The issue is being able to read the wind. I am very happy with the Regal.

Here is an article you may find interesting:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,949  
My Daystate Huntsman is the Regal and does not have the regulator like the Revere. There is no "pump model"???

If I was buying again, I would spend the extra to get the Revere to see if I could get down to 1/2" at 50 yards. But frankly, I am not sure I can shoot well enough to tell if it would make a difference in accuracy. The issue is being able to read the wind. I am very happy with the Regal.

Here is an article you may find interesting:

Am I confusing side lever cocking for the Revere to be pump operated?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,950  
Am I confusing side lever cocking for the Revere to be pump operated?
The side lever indexes the magazine and/or opens the action for single feeding. The Daystate is a PCP (Pre-Charged Pnuematic) gun. The thing that looks like another barrel under the barrel is an air reservoir and is filled with air. Air is supplied by a manual pump, electric pump, or a large high pressure air tank.

I use a HP air tank ($600). It costs $15 to fill and gives me over 3000 shots. I fill the gun from the HP tank after every 20 shots but could go 30 shots. I am **** about accuracy so fill before I need to. This is for .22 cal. If you get the .177 you can get more shots per charge.