TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,441  
Henry X-Series, Marlin Dark, Mossber 464 SPX, Rossi Triple Black all should be fine suppressed. In a rifle, even a PCC, i would just run something like a 36M or 46M rifle-pistol suppressor. 36M is rated up to 338 Lapa Mag, so i don't like 357 mag is a problems; 46M is rated for 45-70. Im not saying some of these guns aren't FUGLY, but they should fit the bill, and you could run low power, specials, and cowboy action loads in all of them.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,442  
Like the Browning A-5! That was the "humpback", right?
Yes...."humpback" is the nickname.
My first A-5 was a made in Belgium 12Ga. lightweight.
I sold it in 1968.
Big mistake!
I learned a lesson though.
I have bought a few guns over these many years, but I have NEVER sold another gun!

Note: I bought a new little 9mm Taurus G2c two years ago.
Just a cheapo for fun little gun.
It actually is a GREAT little weapon!
Paid $163 OTD, on a promotion, with rebate, tax included.
I noticed today, the Taurus G2c is being sold on line for $299.99.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,443  
There are some rifles, including bolt action 44s, single shots of all types, ect, that would be great suppressor hosts. Some lever guns can be either be threaded or come threaded, but you have to make sure the mag tube is clear, and it has to have the Kings Gate loading gate, not tube style.

If noise reduction is your primary goal, the great equalizer which kind of makes all these calibers kind of moot is the fact that you're shooting subsonic. Take 40, 130 or 230 (or ever more) and push that bullet less than 1,100 FPS, you kind of lose the advantage of the round itself for it's intended purpose because normally, most of those calibers are being shot at supersonic speeds.

From my own experience, screw the "hollywood quiet" you'll never get from a supersonic round when shooting a rifle, and enjoy the round at supersonic speed with a can. Couple hundred yards away if your inside my home, you still won't hear the 300 win mag go off unless you listen really carefully.

Thing is if you sight the rifle in with a can on it, hunt with a can on it, your POI can change without the can.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,444  
Remington 11-48 shotguns were made on the Browning A-5 patent. I have a .410 and a 20Ga. Rem 8 and 81 use the same recoil mechanism. I have an 81 in .35 Rem. (ballistic twin to .350 Legend if you want perspective on either) Big difference between the CFs & SGs is that the rifle barrel rides in a sleeve.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,445  
Yes...."humpback" is the nickname.
My first A-5 was a made in Belgium 12Ga. lightweight.
I sold it in 1968.
Big mistake!
I learned a lesson though.
I have bought a few guns over these many years, but I have NEVER sold another gun!
I have given some away, to family members.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,446  
20200212_154513.jpg20200212_154504.jpg

7 shot GP100 357.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,447  
Well... just for you.

Attachments

• 20200327_160617_resized (1).jpg
    20200327_160617_resized (1).jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 185
I'm not a fan of the angled underlug. One of the things I really like about the 686 is the full underlug. That's a great look to me.

That said, you have to appreciate a revolver with bold turn lines and the logo rubbed in half. (y)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,448  
Very interesting to see all the .357 love here, some other forums you'd be led to believe 10mm killed .357 back in the 90's.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,450  
Very interesting to see all the .357 love here, some other forums you'd be led to believe 10mm killed .357 back in the 90's.
I would like to have a 10mm, but I would keep my 357..