TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,811  
And he looked SO distraught in that pic in the parking lot... but then again he IS an actor!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,812  
I read this from an article by a man who was on the set, thought it was well said...

View attachment 718533

The 24 year year old female "armorer" was the daughter of Thell Reed. What I found interesting in the facebook post was that apparently the "armorer's" assistant the way I read it was this "armorer" had her same aged friend as her "assistant" on the set.

Sooner or later, I think someone is going to go down for this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I remember Brandon Lee and Jon-Erik Hexum, but the latter pretty much made a fatal mistake on his own.
I don't think the fact that the armorer was "female" has any bearing, but her incompetence does. I'm sure that a retired female supply sergeant would have never made such an ignorant mistake. I spent many hours volunteering to help in the armory, and there is no friend in the Army like a supply sergeant friend. A retired gunnery sergeant would never have made the assistant director's ignorant mistake of handling a firearm without assuring its safety. For that matter, no one who has ever been drilled in the Manual Of Arms would have been so stupid. Then there is Alec Baldwin, who accepted a firearm without checking it himself, then aimed it at a human being and pulled the trigger. All three of those people should go to prison for involuntary manslaughter. "I didn't mean it," means nothing to a corpse.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,814  
I don't think the fact that the armorer was "female" has any bearing, but her incompetence does.
No, the gender had absolutely NO bearing...either sex can be incompetent...just look at Washington DC

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,815  
His politics mean nothing
You hit the nail on the head, which Roy completely missed.

Politics don't belong in this thread, period.

The actor was given a gun which he thought would not harm anyone, nor kill anyone. I'm not a lawyer, but I highly doubt that the actor could be held responsible for someone else's actions.

The negligence I would think would fall to whose job it was to ensure the safety of the actors.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,818  
They are never to aim a gun at anyone at any time. (rule #1 was broken and Alec had to have known not to point it at anyone regardless of presumed condition of the gun- a deadly mistake)
When the story first hit the news, I did blame the actor because I couldn't believe he would point a gun at someone NOT in the movie.

However, my understanding was that he was supposed to point the gun at the camera, which the woman was actually standing behind.

Bottom line, more and more about what I read on what happened, I could see the mistake happening on the assumption that the actor didn't believe he was shooting a gun with live ammo.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,819  
Dear Director,

I have no problem blowing holes in your $100,000 movie camera. Just move everyone out of the line of fire before I do it.

Sincerely,

Any Actor.