TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,111  
New to me failure at the press. Came out of the sizing die with a failure all the way along the case, tried to fold under itself. Must have been pretty hard for brass to rip…hmmmm.
View attachment 721924
That rim is not in good shape either.

I've been experimenting with running brass through my kitchen oven's self-cleaning cycle. I came up with a sacrificial oven rack, because the cleaning cycle will warp a rack. It seems to leave the brass pretty workable. I also use the kitchen oven to revitalize welding rods that have drawn flux moisture. The wife is tolerant, but I should probably wire a range circuit in my shop. ;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,112  
That rim is not in good shape either.

I've been experimenting with running brass through my kitchen oven's self-cleaning cycle. I came up with a sacrificial oven rack, because the cleaning cycle will warp a rack. It seems to leave the brass pretty workable. I also use the kitchen oven to revitalize welding rods that have drawn flux moisture. The wife is tolerant, but I should probably wire a range circuit in my shop. ;)
Too anneal in the oven, how are you isolating the rim, head, and web?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,113  
Loose primer pockets are possible after one reload with oven-annealed brass. Depends on the cartridge/caliber whether it's a nightmare or not obvious right away. Out of precaution I would never do that.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,114  
I've only ever annealed 100 pieces of 223 brass, about 4 times fired, and i hand held them by base and rolled them in propane torch flame. I got what I think was appropriate temp, right before dull dull red in a dark shed. They resized easy, but thats not really a good Guage of equal temp.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,116  
It's a sad time whenever someone that is an avid hunter can't even buy a box of ammo, I went all over town and called farther out and everyone was out of any and all caliber rifle bullets. Guess I need to learn how to reload

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,117  
It's a sad time whenever someone that is an avid hunter can't even buy a box of ammo, I went all over town and called farther out and everyone was out of any and all caliber rifle bullets. Guess I need to learn how to reload
Not now you don’t.

You may have trouble finding powder and primers.

You can get ammunition on sites line Gunbroker, but be prepared for sticker shock.

What caliber do you need? I may have factory ammo I can sell you....I will not sell reloads. PM me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,119  
Never heard of Bi-Mart, must be a left cost thing.. And I would never pay $16.77 for an 8 or 9 dollar box of ammo!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,120  
What caliber? You really have to go beyond the local gun stores right now for the most part to get anything.