TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,711  
IMO, the '93' is a great gun in a versatile caliber, up to one's definition of that. (got .22 LR AND .22 WMR?)

Agreed. Excellent rifle, especially at that price point. Although, I believe the 93 comes in .22WMR and .17HMR. The .22LR is marketed as the MkII.

I have the MkII-G and 93-G, and have been quite fond of them both. I've kind of wanted a MkII BSEV, but can't really justify it. It just looks like a fun rifle.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,712  
Enough dawdling, guys and gals, and a bump. I searched and found the oft-desired .22 LR 'Smooth-bore', a rifle in this case and 'another' Savage 93 for me. ('by accident' I have a 93BVSS in .17 HMR, 24" 'bull' bbl, Pepper Laminate, what cartridge the Hawkeye bore-scope shows is a copper-fouler to be reckoned with because of copper 'jackets' vs bee's wax or "copper wash", so the norm in that caliber.) IMO, the '93' is a great gun in a versatile caliber, up to one's definition of that. (got .22 LR AND .22 WMR?)

Having done so more than once, I can lap a 'Savage 93' bolt-action RF to cycle with a butterfly's eyelash. :D btw & IMO, if you don't shoot any RF in a 'bolt' gun you're more 'spray and pray' than ready for some 'friendly competition' to prove you can shoot. :cool: (Bring it to my range, Dogs!!)

I have, or have on order today (along with more 150g .30 AR ammo for the brass) some Fed AND Win (crimped) #12 '.22 LR shotshells' to try alongside the (encapsuled) #12-shot CCI .22 LRs I have on hand.

Y'know,I really miss the ballistic testing I did with 'Nick D' and reported to/on the forum at Ammoguide.com. I hope to share with y'all what patterns I get from Taurus 4" 94 HG w/std twist and the 21" bbl Savage 93 'smoothbore' .. to make sense of .22 LR shot ammo as much as anything. The 'promise' seems to be there.

I'm looking for a decent pattern at 10 yd, not just at barely 5. (uh, for starlings, cowbirds, and 'hosps', if you wondered) Many thanks to Hick's Outdoors in Clio MI (a premier local outfitter) for 'receiving' a gun for me that the factory or distributor no longer offers. t o g

(I could lop 5" off the barrel (to 16"?, for handling in a blind), re-crown it, and still be a 'legal length' firearm. Y'don't aim a SG, you point it. 30 ft ain't 'far', either.)

I do rimfire benchrest with my H&R M12. I win too! :)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,713  
.. I have the MkII-G and 93-G, and have been quite fond of them both. I've kind of wanted a MkII BSEV, but can't really justify it. It just looks like a fun rifle.

I know, right? .. as in "decent .22 RF with ammo it 'likes' .." (IMO, it's the .20s in RF and CF that lack recognition .. .20 Mink, .20 K-Hornet, etc)

Anyway, there's currently one 'Sav 93 smoothbore' left where I bought mine. At least two other sellers appear to have this somewhat scarce if/or not-in-production model. Mark I GSB .22 LR 21" 1 Round Blue Savage 573 (smooth bore! :dance1: .. while Marlin 39 .22 LR 'Garden Gun' deservingly precious, but salty. :()

Personal experience with .45/.410* is that rifling reduces 'effective pattern range' by 50% or more. I hope to prove the same benefits without it in .22 LR while my next pellet gun (another.22 cal PCP but w/'moderator':cool2:) is back-ordered and Savage '93' RF shotgun sooner 'in transit'. I can't wait to 'pattern' and share what the 'smooth-bore' Savage can do with three brands of .22 LR (#12) "shot-shells". (CCI in capsules, Win & Fed crimped & very long 'once-fireds' can cause cycling issues )

*.Super Comanche, Taurus Judge, other .410 SGs

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,714  
Uh, I forgot to mention another PCP airgun I ordered from Pyramid Air. .22 Cal Diana (aka RWS) 'Stormrider Multi-shot PCP' w/'longer moderator' and 2-stage adjustable trigger.

Diana Stormrider Multi-shot PCP Air Rifle and HPA Pump Kit

I don't mean to make anyone jealous, just trying to keep every aspect of DE's "Gun Time" open, relevant, and interesting.

(S & W brings back 4" bbl 610 in 10mm? :eek: I know, right? )
I'm jealous......of the Mr Burns avatar!

I'm a homer simpson, myself.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,715  
My favorite is the last one with the tape recorder. I recently got caught at that..... download.jpegimages.jpeg2016-01-28-23-38-24--1291729343.jpegtapatalk_1519985790419.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,716  
So a while back while turkey hunting I saw something loping along towards one of my ponds, never saw anything again so I just forgot about it. Then a few weeks ago I saw something swimming in my pond! Then I started noticing the bark being removed from the base of some hardwood trees, mostly sweetgum trees, all the way from the river to my first pond up by the house, about 1/2 a mile or so. Then I saw it again in the pond.. NOT GOOD!
So last night the wife and I sat out on the dock, which we usually do on the weekends, enjoying the quiet and some adult beverages. But this time I brought my binoculars, a tripod, and my little 223 Contender carbine! We sit out there and feed the fish and the turtles and watch the world go by. So we see the interloper in the water off to our right, but when I get up, he spooks and disappeared. 1/2 hour or so later I was scanning the shoreline looking and way off to the left of us, clear across the pond, I see him on the shoreline!!
I get up, readjust my tripod, get a good look at him through the scope to make sure he wasn't our cat and fired one shot!! It was interesting because I had never shot off a floating dock before, so things were not rock solid, there was a bit of rocking going on. He was not moving a bunch so I had time to concentrate on shot placement. Well bang flop and he was down! I hauled him off this morning, weighed him first at 20 pounds, lasered the shot at 114 yards... hope he was the only one, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I deleted my photobucket account due to their new policy's so sorry, no pics. Haven't figured out how to do that yet... someday..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,717  
Reminds me of something that happened to me when I was growing up. We lived in the country, on a dirt road, and our house had a circle drive right off the dirt road. I was out in the yard, and saw this "animal" acting weird, running erratically, and loping up the drive, bobbing its head. I didn't know what it was; looked like an anteater to me, and I thought it might be rabid; so I retrieved my rifle and shot it at about 30 yards. It turned out to be a skunk with its head stuck inside of a mayonnaise jar.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,718  
I deleted my photobucket account due to their new policy's so sorry, no pics. Haven't figured out how to do that yet... someday..

If you take/took the pic with your phone, e-mail yourself the picture. Download it your computer, and you're set. Personally I prefer to download files/images directly from my computer than using a 3rd party hosting sites anyway.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,720  
If you take/took the pic with your phone, e-mail yourself the picture. Download it your computer, and you're set. Personally I prefer to download files/images directly from my computer than using a 3rd party hosting sites anyway.

So I have them on my computer, how do I get them on here??