TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,301  
Thank you!

That is a GREAT looking rifle (y)

Have you gotten the bug big enough where you might see if you have a local smith who might be able to thread the end of that barrel for you? 😁
Yes. It'll get threaded. I already have a Nomad-30, but I'm waiting for my new Nomad Ti to arrive. The barrel is 22", so probably have them cut and thread it at 20".

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,302  
Yes. It'll get threaded. I already have a Nomad-30, but I'm waiting for my new Nomad Ti to arrive. The barrel is 22", so probably have them cut and thread it at 20".
Depending on the weight of the gun along with the can weight and legnth, I would consider leaving it 22" as long as the weight doesn't become and issue.

When hunting, at the shooters ears without ear pro, any extra length helps from my own experience. Just a thought...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,303  
Depending on the weight of the gun along with the can weight and legnth, I would consider leaving it 22" as long as the weight doesn't become and issue.

When hunting, at the shooters ears without ear pro, any extra length helps from my own experience. Just a thought...
Bolt action with a good can is going to do far more than barrel length. I'd chop it way down if the shots are going to be less than 300. 2.3 shoots an 18" 6.5 C for PRS right now and it's staying super sonic to right about 1100 with 130s.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,304  
Bolt action with a good can is going to do far more than barrel length. I'd chop it way down if the shots are going to be less than 300. 2.3 shoots an 18" 6.5 C for PRS right now and it's staying super sonic to right about 1100 with 130s.
All I get with a bolt with a good can is pretty much the sonic crack. Generally speaking, further way the end of that can is to your ears, the better.

After thinking about, may need to try to hunt with elctronic ear pro LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,305  
All I get with a bolt with a good can is pretty much the sonic crack. Generally speaking, further way the end of that can is to your ears, the better.

After thinking about, may need to try to hunt with elctronic ear pro LOL
Huh? What'd you say?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,306  
Huh? What'd you say?
That along with my wife is why I plunked down some serious cash for some hearing aids LOL

The blue tooth is great in the hearing aids are great for the phone, but I was hoping they'd have noise reduction for shooting, but no dice. Not even supposed to wear them while I mow.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,307  
I have a MRC in .260Rem with a 24" threaded barrel (probably would handle better at 22") and I have a T3x in 6.5CM with a 22" threaded barrel (would probably handle better with 20"). Either 20" or 22" seems like it might be perfect. Personally, I wouldn't want to be shorter than 20" if it balances well. I'm incredibly picky on how a gun handles and balances. Again, waiting on the titanium suppressor so I can get a better idea of how it feels.

I definitely like hunting with the suppressors. I do a fair amount of stalking for pigs and it's allowed me to do so without ear plugs. I've also found I'm usually able to get a few extra shots as the pigs seem less able to detect the direction of the shot, allowing for more running broadsides.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,308  
For suppressors, I can 100% say a 22" bolt 223 is Way more quite (or less loud technically) the a 16" gas Grendel. The 22" 223 is fairly pleasant with out ear pro, similar to a full length rifle 22lr, but the 6.5Grendel gas gun is a ear pro must. Probably more on par with a 22 pistol, or a 9mm carbine.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,309  
For suppressors, I can 100% say a 22" bolt 223 is Way more quite (or less loud technically) the a 16" gas Grendel. The 22" 223 is fairly pleasant with out ear pro, similar to a full length rifle 22lr, but the 6.5Grendel gas gun is a ear pro must. Probably more on par with a 22 pistol, or a 9mm carbine.
I agree. A suppressed bolt gun is extremely quiet. Just a sonic crack, almost regardless of caliber. Plus it stays a heck of a lot cleaner than a direct impingement semi-auto suppressed.

I use my MRC bolt gun for day hunting and my T3x with a thermal for night hunting. Both are fantastic for those applications..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#8,310  
I wear a padded hat with flip down ear covers (Filson brand, and for warmth) and a red flannel jacket (Filson wool cruiser and a Johnson wool cruiser). Don't have the 30-ought six though
That make me a Fudd?

Even though I'm not too concerned if my handgun is exposed occasionally (like when whipping back a jacket to grab my wallet), I don't open carry...like some of you, I just prefer people don't know I'm heeled

I got one of dem Filson hats too!