TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,301  
Shot a couple classic pellet pistols yesterday dinking around in the shop... A Crosman 130 pumper, a Crosman Mark I and a S&W 78G... forgot how anemic the 130 was and how powerful the Mark 1 was, both of the CO2 guns were nice and I put 10 or so pellets each down range. The 78G seems to wander side to side as the CO2 is used so it might need a crown job...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,302  
Dang! You guys remind me I need to catch up on stock pellets. I must be down to less than a few thousand. There are only four tins in my desk drawer at my left hand. CPHP and Eunjins
both .17 and .22. A couple of sleeves down stairs. OK, I'm not down to just a couple thousand yet.

But I'm working at it! ;-)

Sample pricing:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,303  
Dang! You guys remind me I need to catch up on stock pellets. I must be down to less than a few thousand. There are only four tins in my desk drawer at my left hand. CPHP and Eunjins
both .17 and .22. A couple of sleeves down stairs. OK, I'm not down to just a couple thousand yet.

But I'm working at it! ;-)

Sample pricing:
That makes two of us! I have been shooting and not buying replacements, as I originally purchased an assortment of pellets to see how each did, and if there were any I preferred not to shoot.
Time to go to the store!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,304  
I just picked up another jewel, found an Elpaso made steel Weaver 3x9 scope for $25. It will go nice on one of my old Mauser Sporters.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,305  
Got a dumb muzzleloader question. I've always heard to unload powder and projectile, basically, never keep them loaded, I guess because the corrosive nature of the powders. Even with a breach plug, you end up with powder in the plug threads, powder spilt everywhere, ect. Is it really necessary to unload for say a 5 or 7 day storage? Of coarse you need to remove the 209 primer for safety purposes, but is everything else over hyped, or do I really have to do it?

2nd part, if you really unload every time (loose powder), do you try to catch the powder and reuse it? Hate to dump 120grs of powder in the grass; but at the same time, that powder has to have some thread grease contamination.

If I was shooting pelatized powder, I dont think I would be nearly as worried about everything, but what I've universally heard is the pellets aren't as consistent as powder.

If it matters, I've got Triple 7 and Pydrodex. If it was Blackhorn, at $50/half pound, I'd really hate dumping that...

Edit: also, does anyone Not reload an unloaded sabot or powderbelt? I know it engraves the rifling on the plastic belt or sabot on the way in... If you dont reuse them, is it because of measurable accuracy problems, or superstitions/voodoo

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,306  
I leave mine loaded for months at a time, no damage detected. As long as it was clean when you loaded it. I use real "Holy Black" Geox brand and it is not corrosive until it is fired. If I've been out in the weather I will run a patch with Ballistol down the barrel above the seated charge. I stick a pipe cleaner in the touch hole (flintlock) as an indication that she is loaded and to keep any moisture from entering the powder.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,307  
When I have to unload my muzzle loader after the season it just goes boom, then is cleaned. We only have a 10 day alternative season that I might use it.

Of course I have tons of space to shoot anything I wish.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,308  
I see that as a great winter project for me but I am wondering if I should gather parts now considering the way the wind is blowing.
Buy a decent lower either complete or start bare built from scratch, then get your upper. Change trigger to suit. I'm currently finding this is less expensive and easier than buying pieces by piece. If you want a project, buy a complete less lower parts kit and some armorers tools.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,309  
I was adjusting sights and changing muzzle device when I got distracted for a few minutes and this happened. And she refused to move. Once she gets up she's very difficult to get down.

bLM8sxO.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,310  
I was adjusting sights and changing muzzle device when I got distracted for a few minutes and this happened. And she refused to move. Once she gets up she's very difficult to get down.

bLM8sxO.jpg
At least she keeps her paws off the trigger!
David from jax