TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,291  
They look very chinese made, although a lot of them are now days
Yeah. There are about a dozen tier 2 brands right now, and they get confusing.

So far, I've been happy with Athlon (got 3 of them) and Vortex (1). Hate Simmons (1), and still got a questionable Westhunter 4-16×44. The Athlons are 1 of the bottom of their run, 6-18 (Neos), a lower-mid 3-15 (Talos or Argos, cant remember), and a lower-mid 1-4 (Talos). The Vortex is a Vanquish 3-9×40; but it's a weird run for just Academy, and I don't know if its a rebadged Crossfire 2, or Diamondback, or truly something different then either?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,292  
I have 3x9 trijicons on my hunting rifles, they work good

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,293  
I have 3x9 trijicons on my hunting rifles, they work good
For $700 for a 3-9×40; I sure hope they work :)
Screenshot_20231208_190736_Chrome.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,294  
They work great, Specially in the real early morning or at dusk.
They have a tritium recital that always glows no matter what.
One is a 3x6x40 the other is a 3x9x56. It lets you hunt earlier and longer.
Yes they cost a lot now, but I bought mine in the 90s when they were only 3- 4 hundred ea.
They have been back to Trijicon for new tritium vials a few times.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,295  
I have a Trijicon 2.5-10x56 Accupoint on my little 30/30 Contender carbine, German post reticle, talk about the ability to gather light! And I love the lighted post! But no, not $111.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,296  
I know I posted on here about picking up some 410 brass shot shells from Magtech. Anyways, loaded some up with 13.5 grs W296, 3 over powder corrugated cardboard cards (7/16" I think, would have to double check), and 11/16 oz of #7.5 shot, than another over shot card, and Elmer's glue. Shot column is probably close to 1/4" below mouth, so there is room. Anyways, finally shot 5 rounds today, and all went off fine; But, I noticed 2 of the 5 seemed quite, and less recoil, and their appeared to be some unburnt powder residue in barrel after 5 shots.

So, question; is that a lack of good gas seal, not compressed enough, not sealed tight enough to build pressure? If it is, being that I'm working with the odd OD of brass 410; any suggestion, to get a consistent ignition?

It seemed like at 25 yards, there where some pretty big voids in pattern, but at 15 yards, it consistently covers a domino's medium pizza with shot. Is shot pattern kinda just a bit out of your control without a real shot cup?

Intent is mostly squirrels, rabbits, (guessing rabbits at max 15, squirrels maybe 25, and snakes within 5). Partly this is just messing around, cause I can, beyond just cheaper or better then factory; but availability of anything larger than 1/2 oz of #8 is another reason.

I should mention, I reload multiple metallic; but not shotgun;

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,297  
Paul,

Not sure if I'm going to remember it all correctly, it's been decades...

You have the over powder card wad, and then on top of that needs to go a "cushion" wad, before the shot goes in. Then after the shot goes in, you need to compress the shot column in the hull before you put the over shot card on and crimp or glue it in place.

The "blooper" shots are likely from the shot column not being compressed enough.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,298  
Just a newbee question( with magazines) I loaded three 9mm 25-30 round mags and a 50 rotary and then didn’t go shooting. Is it bad on the springs to leave loaded for 6 mouths? CZ scorpion slightly curved mags.
Thanks

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,299  
So, just my opinion, if it was a high value mag, that wasn't easily replaced, I would avoid leaving them loaded like that. Now, if it's just a Glock or AR, and it doesn't matter, sure, leave it loaded. CZ Skoprion kinda falls into the Currently, ready available mags, and pretty cheap new mags from PSA. Don't know about the drum mag,

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,300  
Just a newbee question( with magazines) I loaded three 9mm 25-30 round mags and a 50 rotary and then didn’t go shooting. Is it bad on the springs to leave loaded for 6 mouths? CZ scorpion slightly curved mags.
Thanks
6 month’s shouldn’t be an issue for quality mags. Not sure about the drum? If it is wind-up style maybe relax it until ready for it?