TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,652  
Headed out to the landing this morning to block up some fire wood. These two little guys were getting a little nervous but they just stood there like that and let me drive by.

P1130355.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,653  
How does the Zep do on grease and oil?

I don't know yet. I spill some diesel on the hood and dirt was stuck to it and it cleaned it.

Before

After (a cat got on the hood before I got it back inside)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,654  
I use the Simple Green HD Pro, in a hand spray bottle, for oil and grease cleanup. Every time I have a long day with chainsaw I have to spray down bar oil spots in bed of Polaris Ranger. It's the best degreaser I have tried. I get it at Home Depot.

I've never cared for simple green but I have never used Simple Green Pro. For cleaning oil and grease or spraying down an engine bay I like Purple Cleaner from Carquest. It used be be $6 but IDK what it is now. The bad thing about Purple cleaner is it will dull paint mainly if it not diluted or if it is left to set too long. I would not use to clean the painted surfaces of a car or tractor. I also have some purple power to try.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,656  
Nice, no snow. I have not been up to camp for a while. Any frost in the ground Gordon?

Yes - the ground is still frozen. South and west exposures are soft as well as town roads. The bare places and most of the woods are bare (except for the wet 1/2" we got yesterday afternoon). Woods roads that were packed are still ice in some places. I tried to move some brush yesterday in the woods but it was still frozen in the ice.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,658  
Now Rick, since you are from Texas and have a giant blue tractor I'm going to be confident you
have no manhood issues
about using a product named Mr. Pink on it.
Better listen to your exhaust note and see if it's gone higher...:D

I've probably used too much pressure and not enough cleaner on mine, and several of my Kubota loader arm decals
are showing some edge damage. Could someone explain how you wash in the loader grease holes without driving water into the bearing?
Caps on the zerks would fly off likely. I drove water into the front wheel bearing of my Gravely unknowingly and had to replace the bearing when I put a
new dust cap on. Rusty water inside, not good. 4000 psi powerwasher running at gauged 3000psi for this work. About half speed on a Honda 390.

My home, all my white plastic horse fencing and all my equipment need to be powerwashed. Long muddy moldy winter. Going up to 85 today and my back deck is about to change colors. Gently...
So much work to do all I can say is that I have excellent job security.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,659  
Headed out to the landing this morning to block up some fire wood. These two little guys were getting a little nervous but they just stood there like that and let me drive by.

View attachment 460913

gg

Gordon, I've never seen a deer with a front display of white fur like that. What kind? thanks

I saw plenty of deer in Pa, we had herds of 30+ going across our front fields.
In my brother's family everyone got Lyme's disease including their dog, all caught early and treated but one reason I think my SIL said enough, time to leave the farm.
And that was the last family member on the property and it was sold, mostly in permanent preservation. I don't miss deer one little bit, except on my plate.
We need to market venison better or give it to soup kitchens but let's have less of these destructive critters and more food on our plates.
But there is no taking away they are beautiful animals.

I was never a hunter of large game, only squirrels and rabbits as a kid on the farm, protecting barns and gardens.
I look at a nice older dying tree in the forest and immediately think firewood.
I look at those deer and I think venison stew.

Terry, how much does that load of dirt weigh in your truck?
I could only pull a three ton load in a rental dump trailer, but in a truck like that,
how much can you haul legally?
You really have nice equipment. My property has been wrecked, expectedly..., by larger dump trucks bringing in 15 tons at a time.
Not many dump trucks like that on the used market here, lot up in Chesapeake Va for some reason and most of what I find are too big for me.
And for sure expensive, these are desirable trucks.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,660  
There are no bearings in the loader pins, just wash them as well as you want, then go back and pump in new grease, that will push out any moisture in them.