TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,181  
Being the only one home it is hard to take a picture of the work being done, and taking an after shot just shows dirt... I think we have all seen dirt.

But, but, but. . . . . . .

011.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,182  
I spent 8 hours on the Kubota discing, fertilizing, seeding, and dragging the 2 acres on the side. Being the only one home it is hard to take a picture of the work being done, and taking an after shot just shows dirt... I think we have all seen dirt. Next week I will be doing 4 acres in the back. Putting in Winter Rye and Bahia, sure hope we get some rain

But, but, but. . . . . . .

View attachment 443718
Yep, here is some dirt. :D Lots of seat time involved in this pile.

P3180005.JPG

P4180005.JPG

P4180008.JPG

P4180014.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,183  
Yep, here is some dirt. :D Lots of seat time involved in this pile.

I wish I had a couple scoops of that clay. Making cob {clay, sand and straw} is on my to do list, and my dirt is just too sandy to hold together.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,185  
I wish I had a couple scoops of that clay. Making cob {clay, sand and straw} is on my to do list, and my dirt is just too sandy to hold together.
My dirt is mostly clay/dirt, sandstone and some pure clay below about 2 ft of top soil. It's a hard dig.

image-2194086904.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,187  
That doesn't look red enough for where you are.
It started as a silt pile from my silt removal project started with the V518, and finished with the V417.

P5130105tbn.JPG

P7020005tbn.JPG

P9050011tbn.JPG

The silt is not red like the sand rock and red clay underneath.

PC080005.JPG

PC120009.JPG

P6100009tbn.JPG

P6200003.JPG

Most of the silt was out when I got the V417, just enlarging the surface area.
P9290011.JPG

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,188  
I hauled out some trees that I had taken down that were leaning towards our house. Ready to be processed into next winter's firewood.

image-4210003944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,189  
I tilled under the cucumbers, Armenian cucumbers, melons and squash this morning. Also tilled one of my food plots.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,190  
Discing up a field to put in late season food plot. This is South Carolina so we have had a bit of moisture lately. These are new fields without vegetation. I pre walked it to get an idea of its dryness, all seemed fine!

So I'm cruising along doing just fine, then my front tires disappeared into the ground!! Rears seemed to be still on terra firma so I climbed off to have a look see to see how bad it was and take a pic. When I got off and walked to the front of the tractor I could see water just boiling up between the front tires!!! Sense of urgency kicked in, sorry no pics on the buried front end.
Unloaded the seeds and seeder out off the bucket, made a quick prayer and got to work! I was concerned about picking that big disc of the ground but I had no choice. Got to work rolling the bucket to take the weight off the front end and push myself backwards and out of the hole. Total Soil liquefaction, it was nothing more than soup, luckily I got the bucket deep enough to reach firm enough ground to get myself out. Trust me, I had my doubts, been there done this before so I had some experience doing it, that and a little help from above, and I saved it!!! WHEW!!!

Here is the hole I was in, you can clearly see the axle imprint!

And the dirt piled up on the axle..

And my tracks getting out.

Drove through another soft spot and within minutes the depression was full of water..

I have another field I want to plant, I'll be checking it out a bit closer first this time!!!