TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,461  
Finally dried up enough to get the last of the tree line cleaned up some. It's not finished, but it's all had a "once over". Got the last of the grass cut in that section as well. Also located some more rocks that need buried.

WP_20161025_18_37_26_Rich.jpg

Now that the downed trees and brush are all cleaned up, I'll dig the stone out and bury it deeper. Then I'll reseed that section with pasture mix and keep it mowed next year to kill off any remaining or new brush.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,462  
nice job Soldier, you really gave them a new driveway. Until they get some gravel I think you will have job security after they drive over that mostly dirt area in wet weather. My guess is they have a lot of other priorities right now.
Nothing like doing a good deed with your tractor, pretty high quality seat time.

I hope to do some roadside mowing today, good excuse to be out on a nice day, now that the mess from the hurricane is finally cleaned up.
Big bonfire today in the firepit as a result of that. Lot of broken pine, some tulip poplar, all snapped off, not fallen over.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,463  
I brushed out a section of lakeshore where I have removed deadfalls and beaver-cut trees. The lights on my tractor allow me to work at night. These photos were taken a half hour after sundown and edited to brighten them up.

30582274555_afaa8b6495_o.jpg

30465578242_f02b815fc3_o.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,464  
I ended up with a few little piles of brush and downed limbs from my treeline cleanup. Set one on fire last night...

BurnPile(1).jpg

BurnPile(2).jpg

BurnPile(5).jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,465  
Over the past few weeks (actually the past few years, but who's counting) I've been cutting back old trails and logging roads to create a more manageable trail system on my land. The goal is to be able to maintain them annually just with the tractor and brush hog, and about every 5 years do a more aggressive cut back with excavator and mower head. These particular trails have been neglected for closer to 10 years, so need a lot of work to get them reopened.

PCH_2016-10-15_11-07_2994.jpg

PCH_2016-10-15_11-08_2995.jpg

PCH_2016-10-15_11-50_2996.jpg

PCH_2016-10-15_11-50_2997.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,466  
I love that mower head you have there !!!!!!

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,467  
I love that mower head you have there !!!!!!

gg

It is indeed most excellent. Of all the tractor gadgets and attachments, it gets the most use of all of them.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,468  
Ya! More pics please.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,469  
Here's a picture of the whole rig. The mower is basically a brush hog, but with a hydraulic motor and mounted on the end of the excavator boom. I looked at flail mowers designed for the same sort of brush clearing, but a lot of owners reported structural failures when cutting anything other than weeds and light brush. This thing is build very solid and has held up perfectly despite some very hard work. Brushmaster makes it, and it's 42" in diameter. It can be slow going, but can reach places that are otherwise impossible to cut mechanically. I use it mostly along roads and trails to push back the inevitable encroachment of growth. It's very comfortable cutting saplings up to about an inch, and can handle up to 2", but cutting down the stalks has to be done maybe 6" at a time, then let the speed recover, then another 6". But it beats the **** out of doing it by hand.

PCH_2016-10-15_11-51_2998.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,470  
Nice...darn nice setup Hayden...yeah I'm drooling. :)