Toddler drowns in post hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Toddler drowns in post hole. #31  
Got rid of the post holes a while back. I use a Shaver post pounder now.

You ALWAYS have a smartass reply .!

I think the guy just types away without thinking. The thread is about a tragic fatal accident involving a child yet he uses it as an opportunity to brag again about his possessions. Show some class 5030.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #32  
I think the guy just types away without thinking. The thread is about a tragic fatal accident involving a child yet he uses it as an opportunity to brag again about his possessions. Show some class 5030.
First off, my wife and I have a working farm not a hobby so no 'hobby' equipment here. Secondly, we raised 2 sons, both grown now and on their own, one is an attorney, the other is a State Highway Patrol Officer, both are married and have kids of their own so we are Grandparents.

Any 'accident' is always tragic but an 'accident like that is 100% preventable.

My sons would never have been in that situation because we kept a close eye on them when they were little. I never let them play around when I was digging post holes, in fact they never got anywhere near working equipment.

When they were old enough they learned how to operate equipment and respect it. How we do things here. I've bored hundreds of post holes, set hundreds of posts, tamped them in and fiddled getting them plumb and when I found out there was a better way to set posts for the cattle pastures, I bought a post pounder., not a big deal, I only purchase useful equipment to make life easier for me. What farming is all about.

I'm not a young buck by any stretch, in fact I'm probably old enough to be your father and I certainly didn't raise my kids to react the way you do or post some drivel comment like you did.

We sold the herd last fall, getting too old to deal with them anymore. So yes, I have a post pounder and a helluva lot of other equipment too. The Shaver is light years easier than boring holes, tamping posts in and all the fiddling that goes with a PHD. You pound it in, it's ready for wire, instantly. I'm about making a job easier, not harder.

Again, tragic accident but 100% preventable. All prevention took was being a little attentive to where the toddler was.

Most 'accidents' are preventable on the farm or on the road for that matter.

I consider myself lucky that I've never had a tractor related 'accident' but I watch what I'm doing all the time. Lot of my farmer friends are missing fingers or have gotten broken arms or worse from 'accidents' that were 100% preventable. The toddler drowning in a post hole was and is 100% preventable. If you don't understand that, I certainly cannot educate you.

My PHD is hanging in the tree next to the barn and has been for a couple years now. I should sell it as I have no use for it anymore

Anyway, have a nice day but remember an accident is almost always preventable with a bit of common sense.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #33  
No, you dont have a working farm. You small time farm as a retirement hobby and you’ve admitted it a dozen times in the past. You like to flip flop between the 2 and its really tiresome.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #34  

Status
Not open for further replies.