Told my boss something the other day.

/ Told my boss something the other day. #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
We are both getting older, I'll be 60 in another week. I told him that one thing I know, that I've learned well as I get older: By the time I get the signal to pee...it is almost too late! :eek: Must be something about getting old, maybe the signal doesn't get from the brain to the bladder as fast or well as it use too... :ashamed: Dang, getting older sucks at times. :laughing:

/ Told my boss something the other day. #2  
You need to see a Urologist.

The prostate continues to grow throughout male life. As you age, the prostate's growth gradually chokes the urethra, through which urine passes, making urination difficult. Prostate also impinges on the two sphincter muscles which control urine flow from the bladder to the urethra.

Benign enlargement of the prostate can be treated with relatively cheap generic drugs, effective for years.

There is a small chance the prostate is enlarged because of cancer. During a first visit, a Urologist will conduct a number of tests, starting with an uncomfortable digital exam of the prostate through the rectum, to evaluate the low possibility of cancer. Urologist will also order blood tests in order to monitor Prostate Serum Assay (PSA). A PSA of 0.00 to 4.00 is considered normal. Above 4.0 or an abrupt change in PSA level from normal reading established over time, is an indication of adverse change. Male family history with prostate problems is also relevant.

The prostate is deep within your abdomen, where the urethra joins the bladder. Very few men know their anatomy. Research prostate on Google so you understand the anatomy.

Whatever the cause of your problem, mostly likely simple aging of the human male, difficulty with urination will inevitably grow worse. Seek treatment. If you delay, surgery to remove part of the prostate is the alternative. Prostate surgery is NOT a minor operation. You do not want prostate surgery if treatment NOW with drugs is the simple and effective alternative.

Prostate enlargement is not treated by family physicians nor Internists. You need a Urologist.

Last edited:
   / Told my boss something the other day. #3  
uploadfromtaptalk1461039889680.jpg

/ Told my boss something the other day. #4  
By age sixty everyone should be seeing a physician for annual physicals, including comprehensive blood tests.

If you use or used tobacco products seeing a physician regularly after age sixty is very, very important.

Last edited:
   / Told my boss something the other day. #5  
I am lucky still. (67) My mate is 77 and when he has to go it has to be NOW like you gwstang

/ Told my boss something the other day. #6  
I am the same way and I have regularly been seeing urologist for over 15 years. PSA test(for prostate cancer)need to be started at around 50 years of age so the physician can get a baseline for your. PSA tests are not of much use without your personal baseline which can be as low as 1.5 or 4 or higher. My uncle had prostate cancer and his PSA never got more than 2 but he had a baseline of 1.5 IIRC so the .5 increase indicated something wrong and they caught it in time. My PSA fluctuates up and down from 4 to 5 but after 2 biopsies and nothing found, my oncologist just sees me yearly and every 6 months I get PSA tests.
Frequent urination is also a side effect of diabetes which I have and the urgent need to go sometimes can be controlled by medications, however, most medications come with side effects which need to be evaluated by the patient and doctor to see if the benefits outweigh the side effects.

/ Told my boss something the other day. #7  
Have more sex. Keeps the tubes open and working properly....and it's fun.

/ Told my boss something the other day. #8  
Frequent urination is also a side effect of diabetes.

TRUE.

For confirming diagnosis of diabetes blood tests are the primary tool. Age, waist measurement, body mass and blood pressure provide good preliminary indications to a physician, prior to blood tests.

For prostate diagnosis, blood tests are a secondary tool, digital exam and male family history with prostate disorders considered more important.

From blood tests you will also get a series of cholesterol reports, indicating general cardio-vascular health.

Last edited:
   / Told my boss something the other day. #9  
You may need to visit a General Practitioner first to get a referral to a Urologist, but however you go about it, check into it for diagnosis and treatment. Jeff provided a good outline. Trust me, it can save your quality of life or life itself; no intent to unduly alarm, just advice.

/ Told my boss something the other day.
Great info. Thanks. I had my annual exam and blood tests a couple of months ago. The doc said everything was perfect and showed me the numbers. I stared at them and just went "uh huh' ocasionally...like I knew what she was talking about ...lol PSA was perfect..heck everything was perfect. Been a couple of years since the finger test. Never used any tobacco products and glad I didn't, as I have known people that did and they suffered right to the end. No diabetes as those numbers were perfect and I did fasting before going for testing. I hate it when they stick the arm and keep getting vial after vial of blood...seems to be a never ending thing. I imagine there won't be any left by the time they get done sucking the blood out. I remember well the last "digital" test. The urologist guy had these monster ham looking fingers. Short guy and very stocky, had a flat top crew cut haircut, looked tough as nails too. I'm thinking ex-military doc about 60. I swear as he popped that glove on and took a running start from across the room, I felt this enormous thing being shoved up where the sun don't shine and about the time my brain was screaming and I was letting out little whimpering sounds....it was over. Motherbleepbleepbleeper, that hurt! :mad: I had a slight tear inside, I think it was called a fistula or something like that (small tear from hard stool). Gave me some stuff and that fixed it.