Too much for the front loader

/ Too much for the front loader #21  
While Googling for tire weights I found this site.

Appearantly only wusses like us would even consider using a tractor for such light duty excercise :)

Talon Dancer

/ Too much for the front loader #22  
Go here:

http://www.goodyearotr.com/pdf/otrdatabook2005.pdf

Go to page 77 and keep scrolling down until you get to the section on shipping weights. Find the dimensions (on the side of the tire) and compare and you'll at least get a rough estimate. Then get back to us and let is know.

I'm guessing right at 2000 pounds.

/ Too much for the front loader #23  
That tire should weigh in at @1100 lbs. It's the same as the ones they use on "World Strongest Man" competition on ESPN. Those guys lift and flip them over a timed distance for competition. As I recall not many go more than a couple of turns!!

/ Too much for the front loader #24  
Shimon said:
I've had this very large tire sitting in one of my pastures and wanted to get rid of it.
Hey, I wonder if it was you who put an ad in craigslist to giving away a big tire...

Someone asked what people would use these for. I know I have seen large tires cut in half and dragged behind a tractor to clean manure out of barns. The heavy rubber makes a good giant squeegee on concrete floors.

/ Too much for the front loader
A guy came by and wanted the tire specifically to train for those strong man competitions. He came by with a small Ranger pick-up and I told him to go get a bigger truck or trailer. I offered to help him load it but he said he could do it himself. So he came by today while I was at work and when I came home it was still there. I call him up to see if he still wants it...he said that he didn't want it anymore because he tried to flip it and couldn't even lift it up a little. So much for "mr. he-man".

I never intended to use my loader to lift this beast, I just hooked it up to see if it could. I put the ad on Craigslist saying that it's free but you have to haul it away and load it...I will help load it but I won't bust my back helping. A lot of people want it for their goats or kids to play on. But most people that show up don't understand what a 6' high/3' wide tire really looks like. It usually scares them away. I've been having more fun trying to get rid of this tire...it's been worth it just to see the looks on people's faces when they finally see "the TIRE". Granted, it's not the biggest tire around (I've seen those really big ones on the mining trucks and those things are huge), but it is pretty big for these parts.

/ Too much for the front loader
lopezian said:
Hey, I wonder if it was you who put an ad in craigslist to giving away a big tire...

Yes, it probably is me...it's posted on the Bellingham Craigslist. You can come by and get it...I'm sure the ferry personnel would get a kick out of it.

/ Too much for the front loader #27  
B2400 said:
That tire should weigh in at @1100 lbs. It's the same as the ones they use on "World Strongest Man" competition on ESPN. Those guys lift and flip them over a timed distance for competition. As I recall not many go more than a couple of turns!!

This type of tire comes in too many varieties to look at it and guess the weight. The compound, the thickness, the density, the amount of wear all make a big difference, but the width and diameter make the biggest difference and you really can't tell those just by eyeballing.

/ Too much for the front loader #28  
If ya can't get rid of it then all you can do is light a fire to it. Wonder how long it would burn?:confused:

/ Too much for the front loader #29  
I was thinking tire swing :D

/ Too much for the front loader #30  
Whatever you do, don't shoot at it.