too old to do it by hand

/ too old to do it by hand #81  
Congratulations. Now get out there an move some dirt!! And don't forget to post a few photos once you've gotten it dirty.

Don't forget a toothbar. Will make digging a lot easier and will also contribute to clearing and moving brush.

/ too old to do it by hand #82  
Good choice!!! You sure are in for some fun the next few weeks. Take it slow at first on you hills until you get a feel for things. Glad to see you had the rear tires filled it helps a lot. I’ll agree that the tooth bar and Quick Attach on the loader are worthy options. Stop in and tell us how it is going.

MarkV

/ too old to do it by hand
Tractor arrived today! First picture.

Kubota L3400 HST 4WD FEL industrial tires

Attachments

• 822858-pict0642_1.jpg
    822858-pict0642_1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 178
   / too old to do it by hand #84  
Tried to send you private e-mail, somewhere failed. Blah!!!!!

jw5975

/ too old to do it by hand #85  
Correction -- (why I don't look at Blond's)

jw 5875

/ too old to do it by hand #86  
Hey miles, it looks to shiny, get out there and get it dirty. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkV

Mark,

"Hey miles, it looks to shiny, get out there and get it dirty."

That's exactly what the CFO told me upon waking this morning. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ too old to do it by hand #88  
miles2go,

Congratulations on an incredible machine. Very nice setup. Read most of this thread & believe you made the right decision.

Vic

/ too old to do it by hand #89  
I sent Ya a PM.

"A dirty Machine is a happy one"!

Later,

jw5875

First real work this morning.

Pulled some t-posts using chain and hooks on FEL.

Hooked the chain on a large manzanita and it pulled out, roots and all, like butter.

Used FEL as a wheel-barrow for transfer of road run-off silt to a new tire garden for strawberries next to house. See picture. Sure beats using a hand wheel-barrow to push the dirt up hill to the garden.

CFO took first turn on the tractor this morning. Loooovvves it!

We are realizing that a tractor is a great strength equalizer for age and gender.

Attachments

• 823795-pict0653.jpg
    823795-pict0653.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 146