Tool box for 2538

/ Tool box for 2538 #21  
If you did no modifications, how did you attach the ammo box? Thanks in advance.

The step that the box is mounted to has a bunch of approximately inch diameter holes in it for drainage or traction I guess. I drilled holes in the bottom of the ammo box and put bolts down through the holes in the ammo box and then down through the holes in the step and then put a fender washer with a bolt on the bottom. It is very secure.

/ Tool box for 2538 #22  
If you did no modifications, how did you attach the ammo box? Thanks in advance.

The step that the box is mounted on has a bunch of approximately inch diameter holes in it for drainage or traction I guess. I drilled holes in the bottom of the ammo box and put bolts down through the holes in the ammo box and then down through the holes in the step and then put a fender washer with a bolt on the bottom. It is very secure.

/ Tool box for 2538 #23  
The step that the box is mounted on has a bunch of approximately inch diameter holes in it for drainage or traction I guess. I drilled holes in the bottom of the ammo box and put bolts down through the holes in the ammo box and then down through the holes in the step and then put a fender washer with a bolt on the bottom. It is very secure.

Got ya. The 2538 does not have a step there stock. Maybe adding one is the way to go first.

/ Tool box for 2538 #24  
What do you all consider your list of "field tools"? My tractor is currently remote and hiding on a tract of land. I have no way of servicing it out there except laying on the ground or load it on the hauler and work on it there. (The equipment barn is being built in another month or two). I try and inspect before use looking for anything loose but bolts you don't expect to find loose (and rarely check) have either lost the nut and sometimes the bolt too. The HW store is a 40 mile round trip. I've taken to buying extras in case any others fall out. The anti-slip washers Mahindra put on are crap. I've been replacing them with not just a lock washer but also a nylon-insert locking nut on top of that.

Once the equipment barn is up, I plan on drilling a set of the common "problem bolts" and using safety wires or cotter pins. At least if they come loose, I won't drop hardware in the field.

/ Tool box for 2538 #26  
IMG_2210.JPG
IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2202.JPG
image2.jpeg

Here are a few items I have built for my 2538. I haven't finished the sunshade yet.Still trying to decide what to use.