TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S

/ TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Good Afternoon,

I've been wanting to add a tool box to the BX23S, for basic hand tools etc. I just have no idea where to place the said toolbox so that it is not in the way. Seems like the ROPS may be the only spot, however it may hinder the switch to backhoe. Maybe I need a tool box design that can hang down from the inside front / or right side of, the canopy.

I have LED lights on the canopy, and I have 3rd function switch on the right side controls area, and there is a customized step bolted on the left side between the wheels. The hood doesn't seem to be a good option either.

Is there a custom toolbox for this unit ? I was thinking something generic and metal, but location is the first decision.

/ TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S #2  
I ordered a couple of these small simple bags from amazon. They are called "

Milwaukee Heavy Duty (FUEL Tool Bag).​

and are astonishingly well made. A padded bottom keeps them open so that everything is not just jumbled together. Then I shaped some simple S hooks out of 10 gauge electrical wire and hung the bags from a convenient edge on my loader upright. One bag for clean and one for dirty. AT $18.00 they are cheap enough to replace, and easily strong enough to carry 12 feet of chain.
71-nTw0tyqL._AC_SS450_.jpg
71TT5JHydZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

/ TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S
that's not a bad idea at all, thanks
I think they are rain resistant too
still hoping for something permanent, and weatherproof, but until then - that conveniently solves a lot of current challenges

/ TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S #4  
I don't usually tractor in the rain so the that hasn't been a problem. And where I live that's easy since it doesn't rain much here. I do put a tarp over the tractor when I'm done. If the weather looks wet then the bags get unhooked and placed on the sea under the tarp. The "clean" bag also holds the ear protectors, gloves, and a cap. There's also a chainsaw (electric Makita) that goes in a scabbard.

None of this works any better than a really good tool box, but tractor manufacturers have resisted toolboxes for 50 years now, so it seems to have it's fallen off their radar.

Like front brakes, many useful changes will have to wait until the people who design tractors actually use one.
Until then, we get to have all the fun.
rScotty

/ TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S
Truth

/ TOOL BOX PLACEMENT ... BX23S #6  
I have an actual steel toolbox that I attached to the cross bar on my ROPs. But I also use one of those soft tool bags fastened to my ROPs to use as a glove box for miscellaneous stuff.