Tool box

/ Tool box #1  

Hoodoo

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610
Was looking at videos today about my soon-to-be tractor and saw a guy that put on a great toolbox. He took an ammo can, painted it orange and got an L clamp to attach it to the rear of the frame. Looked so cool I thought it was stock...

/ Tool box #2  
There's a ton of threads on here for adding tool boxes, really great ideas. Search around they pop up pretty easy.

/ Tool box #3  
Also use ammo can for they are tight seal also can take hit or two.

/ Tool box #4  
Ammo cans work really well for me. This is where I mounted mine. It doesn't get in the way of the BH either.
1525411855.jpg

/ Tool box #6  
How do ammo cans hold up to rust? I have a few of them, but I've always thought that if they where out in the elements, they would start to rust on me.

/ Tool box #7  
This is what I did, works well if no back hoe..... Finish has held up over a couple of years now.... Keep in mind ammo cans were made for military and probably has more rugged finish than your tractor....

dsc01773-jpg.678206

/ Tool box #9  
Ammo cans work well on the ROPS or behind the seat unless you have a cab. Cabbed tractors have limited space to mount a box.

I picked this one up at TSC and painted it orange. It isn't quite as big as an ammo can. I mounted it to the frame using the right step mount. The FEL joystick pretty much makes that step useless anyway.

P1060251.JPG
P1060252.JPG

For a bit of added storage, I made a tool tray that fits in the FEL support cross tube:

P1090154.JPG
P1090155.JPG
P1090156.JPG

P1090157.JPG

The same idea can be used on the FEL arm cross tube.

/ Tool box #10  
I used one of these. Tactical Ammo/Utility Box

The top section holds pins, clips, nuts, etc. I like having the lift out tray so most common used items, pliers, screwdriver and adjustable wrench, don't end up buried in the bottom.