Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #11  
I guess that I don't understand the need for a "quick disconnect" on these batteries. I certainly don't like the clamping system for the cable. Those always seem to corrode. Tinned brass terminals, marine grade by Ancor give a superior connection. Terminate your cables with tinned connectors and seal the cable with glue lined heat shrink and watch those battery woes disappear.

CPlk2g7rhi03AfzJ2lOBe5TByX6qilP-cKOnbFv0su_iFwB6BZ0DbrQNWYi_kjPlJEwcWPXnShchLHgp67IdM5bt4QHaCpJy78zgxgI4BEta-wD7SeeR_T0bLG_5T6IX29_ctgiQS0cn5Ck_jHq02cPPtGcPI3sW0p_MyQ89-G20TZUHk4h4q7-e_fmmW6FwQ83vEs43kC4A68Lvgsk=s1000-pd-e365-pc0xffffff

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #13  
I guess that I don't understand the need for a "quick disconnect" on these batteries. I certainly don't like the clamping system for the cable. Those always seem to corrode. Tinned brass terminals, marine grade by Ancor give a superior connection. Terminate your cables with tinned connectors and seal the cable with glue lined heat shrink and watch those battery woes disappear.

CPlk2g7rhi03AfzJ2lOBe5TByX6qilP-cKOnbFv0su_iFwB6BZ0DbrQNWYi_kjPlJEwcWPXnShchLHgp67IdM5bt4QHaCpJy78zgxgI4BEta-wD7SeeR_T0bLG_5T6IX29_ctgiQS0cn5Ck_jHq02cPPtGcPI3sW0p_MyQ89-G20TZUHk4h4q7-e_fmmW6FwQ83vEs43kC4A68Lvgsk=s1000-pd-e365-pc0xffffff

I'm with you on this. I've had too many problems with corrosion on those kind of cable clamps. I like the idea but the execution of it gets a fail.

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles
I guess that I don't understand the need for a "quick disconnect" on these batteries.
I would consider those "quick disconnect". Use those on my boat. This is the type of connector that failed on my Genset. Not this beefy but same type.

200 amp max seems a deal killer for most
The description has the following;

The Quick Release Car Battery Connectors for 45AH - 200AH
Designed for top post batteries and side post batteries with standard post adapters.
Battery Terminal Fits 2x4mm2 or 1 x 10mm2 and is rated for 500 amps continuous 800 amps surge at 12 volts

:confused3:

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #15  
200a a deal breaker? NEC says 3/0 wire for 200a capacity at 220v for such as service entrance. (.41" 'thin' the bare wire)

So, what 'gauge'/capacity are our 12v battery cables that these wouldn't be up to? (see above post)

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #16  
So everyone's zero turns have post type batteries? I was hoping these may be for the L terminal batteries. The only quick disconnects I've seen are worthless for those. Hopefully they will be developed.

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles
So everyone's zero turns have post type batteries? I was hoping these may be for the L terminal batteries. The only quick disconnects I've seen are worthless for those. Hopefully they will be developed.

****, you are right. These won't work on the ZT. They will on the Tractor though.

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #18  
i don't think those will work on my tractors or skid steer or diesel truck i run 1200 to 1800 amps on them for cranking a guy could get by on a smaller tractor or maybe a car but none of my smaller batteries have a round type connector on them they all have screw on type connectors on the leads

i think i will stick with my wrench changing a battery out every 6 to 8 yrs is not a big deal to me to undo a bolt ;-) if you have to take the cable off chances are you are going to have to take the battery out and you are likely going to need more than a clampless cable release, i don't have any quick release tool less battery hold down clamps on anything i own yet, maybe we should get into that business ? no wait, i do have a couple rubber tarp straps on one of my machines holding a battery in i guess that would count although its not factory original equipment

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #19  
If I had to take out the battery frequently without tools, I’d install Powerpole connectors on the cables.

57D0E2B0-77D2-44D4-9E18-2C4FF08400CC-12599-000005438C4C2115.jpg