Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #21  
If I had to take out the battery frequently without tools, I’d install Powerpole connectors on the cables.

View attachment 585442
I love power poles. Have a pile for ham radio & other stuff. I cut off the ends of my jumper cables & put their big brother Anderson plugs on. Various models 200-500@. Have extension cables for the winch or other stuff or jumper cables.

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #22  
I love power poles. Have a pile for ham radio & other stuff. I cut off the ends of my jumper cables & put their big brother Anderson plugs on. Various models 200-500@. Have extension cables for the winch or other stuff or jumper cables.

Ever notice tow trucks have them on front and rear for jumping vehicles...

Dale

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #23  
Ever notice tow trucks have them on front and rear for jumping vehicles...

Dale
Yup. Interesting note, the only place to get mounting brackets & weatherproof covers for the higher amperage ones is Australia. I looked long & hard for a bracket that would mount one somewhere & keep road grime out. Hate the way you und up with half an extension cord dangling out your grill if you have a block heater. Also want a bit of a cover on there given the amperage you can get across those terminals, even if they are somewhat shielded.

5A Weatherproof Anderson Connector SOCKET Cover - RED is for a 50@ one.

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #24  
I don’t know about the covers but it’s typical for me to fabricate my own for upfitting emergency vehicles.

/ Tool less battery clamps for equipment or seldom used vehicles #25  
My old backhoe had a shot alternator and something that would discharge batteries even with everything off. So I swapped batteries in it every time I used it (only had to start, then hold fuel solenoid open so no big deal it didn't charge itself). I used these from Advance Auto. Pretty easy to just turn knob in center and you're disconnected.

Don't know how they compare to the spring type pictured above, but I was happy with them.
6280151_atc_ac103a14052_pri_larg.jpg