Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.??

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.?? #22  
Doesn't need anything in the way of lakes or women. Stories of the trip made it to Florida just before my wedding and almost caused it to end before it started. Any place you can talk six women into getting into a two seater car and then taking you home is a GREAT Place to visit. The stories could go on, but my wife probably would not appreciate me putting them on the net.
David from jax

LOL, that may be a thing of the past. The college that was here closed this year all the college girls are 30 minutes away now in Fremont.

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.?? #23  
Saws All with hack saw or metal cutting blade will waltz right through it. Clean up the edges with a file. Easy.

+1 here

I used a Sawzall with a Lennox metal cutting blade - went through it like a knife through . . .

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.?? #24  
gwdixon

Great video. At the end it showed how he had moved the shroud about the PTL on the tractor which gave him much more room to attach the shaft. This has been a real problem for me so I am going to see if I can back off the bolt just a tad so mine will move. Thanks!

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.??
+1 here

I used a Sawzall with a Lennox metal cutting blade - went through it like a knife through . . .

Exactly what I used.

Sometimes I sweat the things that in reality are actually quite simple.;)

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.?? #26  
One miss with a sawzall can cost a pile of money or trouble, so it pays to be cautious.
David from jax

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.?? #27  
Hello on the bigger tube u can use a band saw as well but some times the inner tube is very hard, and I use the chop saw to cut these. I cut a quite a few different ones a week and make plenty every week. But again a band saw is the most used tool for this job. :thumbsup:

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.?? #28  
i cut them w/ my HF metal bandsaw. it cuts them nice and square for re-welding together

/ Tool To Cut PTO Shaft.??
Band saw would be the best tool but also a more expensive option...if you don't have one.

Like I say, I used a sawzall with a metal blade and it was piece of cake.

My biggest mistake was starting the saw while the blade was on the shaft. The saw just wanted to hop up and down shaft. I quickly learned to start the saw away from the shaft and then sort of dive at it and continue with moderate pressure onto the shaft. Worked great and would recommend it to anyone now that I have done it.