Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #51  
That sounds interesting. Could you post a picture? With the seat all the way back on my MX5800, there is but a half inch clearance between it and the seat of my BH92 hoe. I could mount a box higher up on the ROPS but modifying it in any way is a bad idea. It opens up a legal can of worms should there ever be a rollover accident.

I made a bolt on bracket to hold a tool box above the right fender of my L3430. It attached to the ROPS using the existing mounting bolts so no modification was necessary. I may try to modify the bracket to fit the MX. I'll post some pics when I get around to it.

I'll try to get some pictures but might be this weekend. As far as the ROPS, some people drill small holes into them and don't worry about it. I mounted a 50 cal ammo box on mine using a properly sized square u bolt to pinch a piece of angle on it. Actually it wasn't properly sized because the legs were too long and I had to use a 1" spacer so I didn't run out of threads. I attached a piece of plate to the angle and mounted the box to the plate. I've got bungee cords and ratchet straps in there, and since the BH takes away the normal mounting place for the SMV sign I mounted one to that box also. I'll get pictures of it also.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders
I'll try to get some pictures but might be this weekend. As far as the ROPS, some people drill small holes into them and don't worry about it. I mounted a 50 cal ammo box on mine using a properly sized square u bolt to pinch a piece of angle on it. Actually it wasn't properly sized because the legs were too long and I had to use a 1" spacer so I didn't run out of threads. I attached a piece of plate to the angle and mounted the box to the plate. I've got bungee cords and ratchet straps in there, and since the BH takes away the normal mounting place for the SMV sign I mounted one to that box also. I'll get pictures of it also.

Don't go out of your way to take pictures. I've got a fairly good idea of how you mounted your box. Rather than go that route, I think I'll just mount the OEM plastic tool box on one of the fenders. I read in another thread that someone did it with industrial strength velcro. The three different boxes should give me enough storage for what I need to carry. Thanks for posting your idea though.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #53  
Here are the pictures.

DSCN0104.JPG

DSCN0105.JPG

DSCN0106.JPG

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders
   / Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #55  
Those trusty old ammo boxes are great for tools. They seal well enough to keep out most of the dust. That's an Interesting mount idea requiring no ROPS modifications. Can you reach it from the ground or do you have to stand on the tractor deck? Unlike most tool box locations, it does have the advantage of being reachable from the BH seat.

Thanks for the pics!

Usually I kneel on the seat to get to the box on the ROPS. I have bungee cords and ratchet straps in there so I don't need to get in there often. The worst part about it is I hit the light switch with my foot sometimes and I've knocked the control part of it completely off before.

I've got another box planned. I've got some U-bolts with 5" spacing coming and I'm going to put an ammo box on the left loader mount between the post and the tractor on the round tube. Thinking I'll bolt some angle to the side of the box at the bottom then attach the angle with the u-bolts. Hopefully I can tighten it enough so that it won't rotate around that tube. Should be a good place for gloves, spare parts, and rags.

/ Tool Tray for L and MX Series Tractors With LA Loaders #56  
I made a ROPS rack for my tractor. Very simple and no holds to drill in the tractor. I got 2 pieces of 3" angle iron and U-bolted it to my ROPs behind the seat. The U-bolts go through holes in the angle iron and hold both pieces to opposite ends of the ROPs. This forms a small shelf between the ROPs uprights. Then I bolted a metal ammo can to the angle iron. Strong, secure, and simple.