Toolcat Blower

/ Toolcat Blower #1  

mike123

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat B 2004
I used my Erskine blower today for the first time on 50 residential driveways. All I can say is WOW and why the **** was I using a walk behind blower all these years.
The Toolcat is the best thing that ever happened to my business. I was using a bobcat with bucket in storms last year and I have to say there is no comparison. With the all-steer, and 18 MPH travel speed I have cut my time by 30-40% and I have a very tight route. Even if you are just going down the street there is a ton of time saved!
Anyway, the blower was awesome and I said good-bye to the bucket.
I will be adding another Toolcat in the very near future.
Mike

/ Toolcat Blower #2  
mike123,
That sounds great. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif They look rugged while still being compact for good maneuverability. Did you get the Erskine Hydraulic Snow Blower Model ES2000 running at standard 18GPM OR the Model ES2400 running at high-flow 26 GPM? And did you get the 61, 73, 79 or 85-inch width of snow cut?

/ Toolcat Blower
Went with the 79 inch High flow!
Sure glad I went with the wider unit, easy to see the corners and the banks won't cave in on the wheel wells.
Mike
P.S. People think this machine is way over priced, good thing I listened to the guys at plowsite - it's defiantly a bargain.

/ Toolcat Blower #4  
Mike,

Did you expericence any "plugging"? I got my first blower late in the season and felt it did not operate as well as expected. I had to carry a folding army style shovel to keep the shute clear. The dealer (which has been a real pleasure) is working on trying to find out why. My second Blower was delivered last week but as of this date, no snow to try it out.

Timm9

/ Toolcat Blower #5  
Hi Guys
What is your procedure for residential drives when using a front blower like the toolcat?

On my drives (reverse blower on a tractor) I back down the driveway and then pull and blow the snow out.

Do you find you need to do a lot of back dragging to remove snow from between buildings and such?

Do you have any pics of it in action? I'll try to post some tommorrow.

Cheers Dylan

/ Toolcat Blower
I only used it once Tim and the snow was light ( 2 inches of dry) but it blew great.
I piled a windrow and drove over it a few times to pack it down, then I went through it at a good speed and the blower didn't even know the pile was there.
Like I said it was light and dry snow but I was impressed.
Now I am trying to figure out how to build this back drag for the front of the blower. We have lots of small drives where the snow drifts bad right up at the garage door.
You have any advice?
Mike

/ Toolcat Blower
I won't be back draging much, just need it for the little pile the blower leaves in front of the garge door when I stop.
I have a few houses with detatched garages set back in the yard, the drag will come in handy there too.
Mike

/ Toolcat Blower #8  
The Provonost PXPL blower with the deployable back scraper blade is awesome. Could it be adaptable to the toolcat? Check out the video!! Provonost PXPL Snowblower
PXPL1p.jpg

/ Toolcat Blower #9  
Mike,
From what I understand, there is an "option" for a rear hydro unit on the Toolcat. I was wondering if you could attach a back blade similar to a daniels "pull plow" off the rear receiver hitch.

Timm9

/ Toolcat Blower
Yes I have studied and restudied the pronovost setup. I called them and even offered to pay for help.
Too bad they don't make smaller blowers or hydro units.