Toolcat Blower

/ Toolcat Blower
I have pull blades on 2 trucks and I thought about it for the Toolcat but the way the Pronovost blowers are setup would be ideal.
Timm, there is a guy from your area that posts on plowsite that has done some fabricating to the Erskine. He was going to post some pics a while back.
Mike

/ Toolcat Blower #12  
Mike,

Not sure who it is on plowsite that has done fabracating to the blowers. The only thing I have been wanting to do is add some vertical "uprights" mounted on the outside of each extreme end of the sides of the blowers. I think this will help when the snow is very deep, causing the snow above the opening of the blower to roll/fall in front of the opening of the blower. This would save time when the burms get up to the 4 to 7 foot range. I just got my new MIG welder but have not had time to make anything up yet. Plus, the cost of steel has gone through the roof. It used to be people would give you scrap, now they want big dollars! I used to buy my counter weights (850 lbs) for $200.00. I'm scared to even ask what they cost now.

Timm9

/ Toolcat Blower #14  
It's been a while since I've been on but thought I should post the resolution to my blower(s) plugging "issue". After the second blower arrived, and after we finally received snow, the second blower plugged just like the first one.

The dealer was, and has been "top notch" about the whole thing. They even sent a regional rep and tech to my place (almost 2 hours away) to do trouble shooting on both blowers and both Toolcats. Turns out the pumps were mismatched to my units flow/pressure. They even delivered the "corrected pump" Blowers in the middle of a snow storm!

I'm happy to report that not only are the blowers functioning properly, They really did an excellent job during the very heavy storms that hit us in March. Each one of my drives logged over 250 hours in march alone and the Toolcat/Blower combo was unstoppable even with burms in the 5 to 7 foot range.

If any of you are thinking about a Blower/Toolcat combo it's the "ticket". I will tell you that I'm trying to figure out how to get another one this summer for the upcoming winter season.

/ Toolcat Blower #15  
Timm9,

What model of blower are you using? I have an SB200 (66"). Used it one time and it appeared to be very capable but there was not enough snow to give it a good workout.

We don't get the snow you do so I will probably swap mine for an attachment that will get more use.

dsb

/ Toolcat Blower #16  
DSB,

I have two of the SB200's and after correcting the mismatch on the pump, they have worked great. The most important thing is that the pump is properly matched to the flow/pressure of the specific unit.

timm9