Toolcat dead once again 50-56

/ Toolcat dead once again 50-56 #1  

mmancuso13

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600, Kubota RTV-X1100C
Hey all, my TC is dead once again with the 50-56 code as before.

Unfortunately it is deep in my barn and will be a bear to drag out. I ordered a set of hydraulic wheel dollies from eBay in the hopes it will help me get the machine out of its storage location in case this becomes a "dealer" issue.

I am going to go through the 50-56 code electrical tests but can anyone out here tell me how likely it is that they will discover a problem?

It seems to me that everything on the procedure leads to a replace of the display or drive controller but most test focus on trying g to find a bad wire harness.

Because my problems are intermittent I cannot believe it is a failure of either module. More likely it is a bad connection or corroded connector (my machine was used as snow / salt machine for a University before I bought it).

Should I just pull and check all connectors first - the wiggle test, as recommended by many th last time I had this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

/ Toolcat dead once again 50-56 #2  
Matt,

While I am far from an expert, I did have a unit with the 50 -56 error code that drove me nuts. If your issue is intermittent it has to be a bad/loose connection. There is a PDF posted here under Toolcats that shows which wires to trace between the two controllers. After many error codes without resolution is turned out to be a bad connection at the dash controller. Once re-crimped the issue left never to return. good luck!