Tooth Bar Design

/ Tooth Bar Design #11  
I can not add / help but I did stay at a Holiday Inn... I got this tooth bar (listed as a root rake) off of Craig's list for $100 bucks... and even though it may not the best design... WOW :shocked: was I impressed!!! ...with what it can do. If there was a problem with bending bucket lips... you would have seen a dozen threads on it... the Long one might be better at back draging but ANY of them will be better than without one...

I was able to "pop" out a 6" pine tree without much soil disturbance. Also, my first rock that I plucked out (that usually hit with my mower) not only came out with ease, but it flipped itself into the bucket!!! :thumbsup: Never had to get out of the seat...

That was a great buy. Yours is the same design that most of them you see and mine is that type as well and I am impressed with how well they hold up. I will have to admit that I drilled the holes in the back of the slot instead of in the front. I usually just take it off if I need the smooth edge. I saw the flat bottomed tooth bar when I was looking at them before I ordered mine a year or 2 back and just wondered how they would hold up under use.

/ Tooth Bar Design #12  
That was a great buy... I will have to admit that I drilled the holes in the back of the slot instead of in the front...
Ok, I never did see anyone talking prices... How much do these things cost? The guy I bought mine from said he paid $185 but never got around to mounting it. Darn thing is heavier than it looks... It was an inch too long so I had to grind off a tooth and move it in...

Secondly, I drilled my holes right up to the FRONT... but it still doesn't give me room to flip it up and out of the way... lacks about a 1/4". Thought about grinding the back part (under the bucket) off... so I can flip it up.

/ Tooth Bar Design #13  
Ok, I never did see anyone talking prices... How much do these things cost? The guy I bought mine from said he paid $185 but never got around to mounting it. Darn thing is heavier than it looks... It was an inch too long so I had to grind off a tooth and move it in...

Secondly, I drilled my holes right up to the FRONT... but it still doesn't give me room to flip it up and out of the way... lacks about a 1/4". Thought about grinding the back part (under the bucket) off... so I can flip it up.

I paid about $350 from Iowa farm tool off of ebay a few years ago. So that tells you what a great deal you got.