Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket #22  
Actually, I have their (ATI) SSQA attachment on one of my M9's (the other is a stock Kubota) and when you put them side by side (which I can), the ATI unit is very much stouter. I have 3 buckets total, 2 HD round top excavation buckets and one light duty material bucket. Don't ask how I got 3 buckets, it's a long story but one of them has a welded in hay spear in it.

Never bent any of them either. I know their limits...lol

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket #23  
You have this bucket on the 32 hp JD 3033R? What are you digging up that needs that tooth bar on the bolt-on hardened edge? just curious, no offense meant.

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket
You have this bucket on the 32 hp JD 3033R? What are you digging up that needs that tooth bar on the bolt-on hardened edge? just curious, no offense meant.
No offense taken! Honestly, probably nothing that really requires it. 90% of my bucket usage throughout the year is moving logs. I have three chain grab hooks welded to the top edge of the bucket, and I hang chain choker slings from the outer pair to lift logs out of my trailer and pile them in stacks. I went with the HD bucket because I'd seen so many of the standard buckets bent out of shape by doing this, the logs are often right at (or often beyond) the lift capacity of my loader.

So, I'm sitting in the chair opposite the sales guy when I choosing options for the tractor, and he says, "do you want the hardened wear edge for the bottom of the bucket? Remembering I had to replace the worn-out lower edge on my Deere 855 bucket when I bought it, I though sure, a hardened wear edge seems like a good idea. That's as much thought as went into it, and I do appreciate the way it has kept my bucket lip clean and free of wear, but it's also kinda hell on my asphalt driveway.

Speaking of which, I also use it for moving about 60 yards of mulch from an asphalt driveway to various gardens around the property, in fact that's this week's chore. Aside from that, it's mostly just doing yard chores, hauling bagged materials, stone, dirt, downed branches... usual stuff.

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket #25  
Guess that makes sense, but begs the question... "why the tooth bar?"

Guess that makes sense, but begs the question... "why the tooth bar?"
Oh, sorry. Installing a pool, got a bunch of grading to do, associated with that project.

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket #27  
Deere part number is BW15228. That is for the 61 inch bucket.

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket #28  
It slides over. It's a snug fit. You may have to tap it with a hammer.

/ Tooth bar for Deere Heavy Duty 61" bucket #29  
Sorry for the delay in responding. Don't know if you've found or bought a toothbar yet but, JD's part number is BW15227. Here are some pics of mine.

Attachments

• toothbar (2).JPG
    toothbar (2).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • toothbar (4).JPG
    toothbar (4).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • toothbar (1).JPG
    toothbar (1).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
I looked at that bar, and it's specifically labeled "not for HD bucket with hardened edge". It doesn't fit.

Ended up just doing without a tooth bar, using the bucket with the straight hardened edge, and leaning more on the excavator for the rest.

IMG_9772.JPG