Top Battery Co

/ Top Battery Co #11  
Got it!

Have you thought of carefully cracking open the battery case that you have now and replacing the cells? It seems as if the Sbr-15 batteries with added capacity look pretty marginal. (To my decidedly amateur eyes.)

All the best, Peter

/ Top Battery Co #12  
Yep, not going there anytime soon. I have no particular hate-on for paypal, but it has been forever since I used it, and I have no idea what their fraud handling process is today.

One of the reasons for my other recent thread is there is an American ham who did a video short of the exact battery I'm after on his HT, so I'd like to contact him to find out where he purchased.

At least snail-mail still works.

Rgds, D.
I occasionally use pay pal. Last year I bought a product online and paid with pay pal. The product turned out the be defective and I tried getting the seller to refund. After no success, I contacted pay pal and opened a case. Within one week, pay pal refunded my money.

/ Top Battery Co
Got it!

Have you thought of carefully cracking open the battery case that you have now and replacing the cells? It seems as if the Sbr-15 batteries with added capacity look pretty marginal. (To my decidedly amateur eyes.)

All the best, Peter
Always an option, but not quite there yet....

HT and pack are a recent new purchase, so pack is OK (actually coming up a bit in capacity, several cycles-in). I want a second pack, ideally at higher capacity than what Yaesu offers.

The pack itself in the link I posted may actually be legit. I've seen 1 or 2 Ytube short vids from American hams.... just typical "Hey, put this on my ______ this month, much better capacity" you'd expect.... call-sign only listed, but I may track them down eventually.

I'm actually chasing a custom-built (3d printed case) option..... sent a snail-mail off this week, to see if that source will ship-to the People's Republik of Kanada..... that one is much higher capacity - what I'm after for Emcomm, and extended portable APRS use.

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Top Battery Co
I occasionally use pay pal. Last year I bought a product online and paid with pay pal. The product turned out the be defective and I tried getting the seller to refund. After no success, I contacted pay pal and opened a case. Within one week, pay pal refunded my money.
Thanks for the 411.... that's what I'd expect from Paypal, but i've no recent exposure to relate to.

Knock wood, no reason to use recourse with Ccard purchases myself, but have reasonable confidence that major cards should deal with fraudsters appropriately. A buddy got skimmed for 4 figures on a Ccard - there is a process to go through of course, but he got his money refunded in the end - after signing a legal document agreeing that CardCo could come back at him if he himself was scamming - not in his case, but I'm sure CardCos deal with plenty of people trying to run scams on their own cards....

Rgds, D.