Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #21  
It should be fine with the chipper as the top link will be "in tension" and not cause it to be in "compression" while transporting it.
Definitely not for either of your rear blades.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo
It should be fine with the chipper as the top link will be "in tension" and not cause it to be in "compression" while transporting it.
Definitely not for either of your rear blades.
Thanks - good to know. You are right - it is just a 'lift - transport-and set down' situation. I will have to rethink an issue with the chipper PTO shaft though. I have not yet used it but the instructions give detailed information regarding whether you might need to trim the shaft or not and all that is math involving measurements from PTO spine to implement spine. I measured all that as it is now and have thus calculated how much to trim. That will possibly change if I added a top link extension as the spine to spine distance "might" change. I don't think it will alter anything given the formulas in the manual, but I will recheck all that.

UPDATE: It appears nothing regarding trimming the shaft will change as the formula uses the spine to spine distances at the highest 3PH elevation and the lowest elevation (on the ground), and uses the lesser of those measurements to calculate what needs to be trimmed. A top link extension would not affect this as the lesser measurement is when it is on the ground. BTW the chipper is the Woodland Mills WC68 - which comes with a pto shaft that may or may not need to be trimmed depending on certain measurements.

Last edited:
   / Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #23  
This one has worked for me on my L6060. Still doing fine after 2 years. I did a bit of welding, but not required. Just some cutting of flat bar, drilling and bolting together.

Top link extender

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #24  
Excuse the dirt, she just came in from mowing. Here is the extension I welded up based upon the 1st picture shown in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_3688.JPG
    IMG_3688.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3687.JPG
    IMG_3687.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 23
   / Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #25  
I posted this a minute ago but somehow lost it. I hope this does not go in twice. Anyway, my top link is inconveniently short at times - by about 2-3 inches typically. I can make the connection with a bit of hassle and sometimes need to use a lever to lift the back of an implement to tilt it forward.

I have searched here and elsewhere for solutions and in an old TBN post, discussing top link extensions, I found this photo. It seems it would work out for me but I cannot find it anywhere to buy after exhaustive online searching. So, asking if anyone knows where I can find one to buy - assuming it would fit my Kubota L3410.
I have also looked at the 'tongue' -swivel type that attach at the implement end but I prefer the more stable bracket mount to the tractor side. A longer top link cylinder is an option but very expensive.

View attachment 861972
I created something similar by installing PAT's quick hitch extensions on the draglinks. I utilized 1/4" plate and crafted two pieces, placing a spacer between them. This setup has been running smoothly for 200 hours without any issues.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo
Wsurff and Scootr - thanks for the idea and for taking and sending the great photos. I will try to do something similar. I don't weld - a major regret at 80, but I will find a way to get it done. Again, thanks to you and everyone who responded.

/ Top link extender help - finding one like the included photo #27  
Wsurff and Scootr - thanks for the idea and for taking and sending the great photos. I will try to do something similar. I don't weld - a major regret at 80, but I will find a way to get it done. Again, thanks to you and everyone who responded.
You can use 2 plates pinned or bolted on the outside of the present mount. You need 3 holes in each plate to keep it ridgid. The holes in mine were 3/4 inch. Square plates should work, minimizing the cutting. GL