Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
Hi guys,

I sent Brian at FitRite an e-mail, but he's so busy that his e-mail does an instant reply that it will be a few days. Good on him for both staying so busy AND for the notice instead of just leaving people wondering.

I bet the TBN brain trust is *almost* as expert as Brian.

So I am FINALLY getting around to actually installing the top/tilt cylinders and have a couple of novice questions.

I started to install the top link with the fittings down so they might be a little more protected, but found that the upper one impacts my PTO shield. Any reason that they NEED to go one way or the other?

I assume that the solid/fixed end of the cylinder is fitted to the tractor and the 途od/extension end fits to the implement, right?

Side link hydraulic fittings to the INSIDE to make sure they are away from the tire, and rod end down, right?

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation #2  
Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation

On mine solid end is at tractor, fittings laying on side and facing center

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation #3  
Check clearance and if good it shouldn’t matter which way you orient. But one way might hit. On my JD I had the fittings pointed up on the top link When I fully raised the 3pt with the top link fully retracted it contacted a cross piece between the rops supports and tore the fitting right off the top link. In my case I had to get one with fittings on the side to properly clear everything.

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation #4  
Mine work best on top with 90 degree fittings toward the rear then the hoses curve around under the top link and plug in.

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation #5  
My FitRite top link has its hoses on top - simply for easier access and easier to work on. Fixed end of the hydraulic cylinder is attached to the tractor.

However - I see no reason, if it works best for your situation - hoses down and fixed end on the implement. It will work the same either way.

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation #6  
Yep = checking for impingement is critical at various extensions. Mine run out the side, but I had to rotate mine 180. In the full up position (max lift) they bound up against the rear ports. Flipping it over and running the hoses out the left and under to the right made everything perfect. The other solution for me would have been to buy a set of 90's. Brian was great working with me and very understanding of my ability to mess things up:D and not see the solution in front of my face:cool2:

/ Top & Tilt Fitting Orientation
Thanks guys!

Brian also replied first thing this morning!